Curriculum Associates is looking for a creative and collaborative Associate Designer to join our Ready and Ready Classroom Design Team to assist in the Design of print-based educational materials for the K-8 classroom. The Associate Designer will work collaboratively with the internal Design, Editorial, and Production Teams to conceptualize, develop and execute finished Designs for a wide variety of print and program components. If you are passionate about Design and have a desire to contribute to the development of the best Classroom Products in the industry, this is an exciting, entry-level position that provides an opportunity to contribute your Design Talents, while learning about Educational Product Design.
- Develop a knowledge of Curriculum Associates Products, Program Branding and Visual Identity, style preferences, grade-specific Best Practices, and overall program and product requirements, in order to provide consistency and continuity of Design across projects and subject disciplines.
- Work under the direction of a Senior Designer to conceptualize, create and execute fully-designed print products that are responsive to customer needs.
- Prepare InDesign and art/image files for digital or print release, including preflight, prepress, and file packaging.
- Facilitate and track assigned projects per Design Goals, project parameters and productions schedules.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field of study.
- At least 1–3 years of relevant work experience.
- A strong portfolio that shows understanding of print design and layout.
- Experience working in Adobe CC suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office.
- A strong visual sensibility, attention to detail, highly organized, and efficient.
- Experience and familiarity with digital and offset print production processes preferred.
- Comfortable taking direction and working autonomously when appropriate.
- An openness and eagerness to learn, and a positive creative attitude!
Location: North Billerica, MA
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.