Senior IT Project Manager
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates seeks a highly qualified Senior IT Project Manager to lead large-scale business systems implementation and technology deployment efforts. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business areas. Manage resources, schedules, budgets and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
Why join this team:
Our PMO is a passionate group of servant leaders supporting high-performing teams. We are committed to quality, continuously learning and relentlessly improving. Our work directly impacts the company’s goals and mission. Want to make a difference? Join us!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop comprehensive project charters which define the scope, objectives, success factors, deliverables, and resource requirements
- Develop Return on Investment (ROI) calculations and business justification cases for approval
- Work closely with System and Business Analysts to develop detailed business requirements
- Develop detailed project plans that identify tasks, timelines, dependencies, critical path items, resource requirements, etc.
- Directly manage assigned project resources and tasks priorities
- Proactively track project-related issues and risks and develop mitigation plans
- Continuously monitor the health of projects and escalate issues and challenges as required
- Lead project meetings and status reporting sessions
- Manage vendor resources and assist with contract and statement of work (SOW) negotiations
- Actively manage project scope and any necessary change management activities
- Work with IT leadership to develop strategic plans, technology roadmaps, and detailed budgets
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
Who we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement:
- 8+ years’ experience in IT including 6 years managing medium-scale IT Business System implementations
- Experience implementing Tier 1 CRM and/or ERP applications; cloud or on-premise-based deployments
- Solid experience with project management planning tools
- A thorough understanding of Project Life Cycle management methodologies and controls
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Communicate with all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to leadership
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and detail orientated
- Listen and support teams in problem-identification and decision making
- Encourage an environment that values mutual respect, openness, and courage
- Think beyond day-to-day activities
- Ability to manage and delegate work as part of a team in a matrix environment
- Must be available to work periodically weekends and off-hours for on-site or off-site deployment support
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field, or equivalent work experience
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Six Sigma or other related continuous improvement methodology experience is desired
- PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification highly desired
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience a plus
More about this role:
Location: North Billerica, MA (Remote until after COVID)
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.