Senior Designer, K-8 Language Arts
Senior Designer, K-8 Language Arts
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Do you want to work at a mission-driven company that is making an impact on education for millions of students across the country? We are looking for a talented and collaborative Senior Designer – with experience developing educational programs which span both print and digital mediums – to bring fun, engaging and user-centric designs to our growing portfolio of curriculum products.
The Senior Designer reports to the Design Director, Language Arts and is responsible for working independently—as well as with the internal design team, content team, and with key stakeholders—to develop, produce, and manage compelling student- and teacher-facing designs from conception through to the completed product. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and will have a passion for exploring and working to solve issues of inequity within education.
The impact you’ll have:
- Be a Part of creating educational experiences and resources that are used by 10 million students across the country
- Team Up with the Curriculum Associates Design Team to establish creative direction for new core and supplemental language arts products across both print and digital mediums
- Create unique and compelling design solutions that promote a sense of fun and engagement with language arts content for all learners
- Design components, layouts, and features with a focus on teacher and student experience and usability, never losing focus on the idea that engaged learners are better learners
- Develop innovative products in collaboration with educators and industry leaders to create culturally responsive resources for the students and teachers we serve
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, User Experience Design, or a comparable level of experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the K-12 education space, children's publishing and/or media preferred
- Experience developing and implementing a product-specific visual design plan – including the interiors of multiple components, covers and product packaging – from prototyping through production, while remaining true to the product guidelines established
- Comprehensive knowledge of all areas of the print design process, including layout, typography, page composition, technical art, and building engaging art programs (illustrations/photos)
- Demonstrated experience in developing compelling design solutions across print and digital mediums
- A user-centric mindset, with experience in developing Design solutions through Design Thinking techniques, iterative processes (i.e., wireframes/prototypes), user-testing and internal feedback
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to rapidly exercise independent judgement, along with excellent verbal and written communication skill and the ability to present and articulate art/design strategy to non-designers
- Expert level Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of prototyping and collaborative tools (Adobe XD, Figma, Mural, etc.) and a willingness to explore and implement new tools or applications as needed
- Passion for exploration and consumption of print and digital media
Portfolio submission required to be considered
Location: Remote USA or Brooklyn, NYC or Billerica, MA
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.