Senior Proposal Writer (State Team Lead)
The Senior Proposal Writer will take a lead role in responding to complex state assessment solicitations. The person hired for this newly created role will work closely with the Sales team, subject matter experts, and Bids & Proposals colleagues to develop compliant, compelling proposals to state departments of education and large districts on deadline. A primary goal will be contract acquisition and retention for state-level submissions.
Why join this team:
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Headquartered outside Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been consistently recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work.
We are seeking a talented full-time remote Senior Proposal Writer to join one of the best Bids & Proposals teams in the industry as we grow this key business function. Our small but mighty team has maintained an average win rate of better than 60% over the past 8 years. Are you the person who can help build on that sustained success as we expand our service at the state level? Do you have a thorough understanding of the psychometric and technical qualities—as well as the competitive landscape—of large-scale assessment? Would you love to work in an environment where excellence is rewarded and you can have a meaningful impact on business operations? Do you want to be part of a team that is ethical, dedicated, collaborative, creative, and passionate about ‘getting it right”? If so, let’s talk!
The impact you’ll have:
- Become well acquainted with the elements and features of large, complex proposals for state contracts and be a leading voice in the organization on how to best position CA for those opportunities.
- Take the lead on developing and writing all responses to state-level solicitations, with a special focus on assessment opportunities—as well as other complex RFx from large school systems nationwide:
- Review solicitation documents to summarize key points and inform bid decision and strategy.
- Partner with CA’s Government Relations and Sales teams at all stages of the proposal development process.
- Synthesize RFP requirements and craft (either directly or in collaboration with other personnel) persuasive, accurate, and vetted responses that highlight Curriculum Associates’ strengths and competitive advantages.
- Solicit, manage, and incorporate cross-functional team edits into proposal drafts.
- Collaborate with other teams on market research into new proposal opportunities and key geographic targets.
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience writing / leading complex proposals
- 2+ years of experience in the edpub / edtech industry, with a focus on responses to state department of education solicitations
- An outstanding communicator, gifted in the art of “selling through writing”
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple tasks/projects concurrently
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively across teams with competing needs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fast and nimble research capabilities—ability to synthesize essential information from large, complex documents
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Adobe Pro, SharePoint, and other standard business applications; Qvidian experience preferred
Please include a professional writing sample with your resume. Applications without a writing sample will not be considered.
More about this role:
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.