Undergraduate Software Engineering Co – Op (Front-End OR Back-End)
Do you want to work on a product that uses cutting edge frameworks such as React, Redux, Spring
We are seeking motivated undergraduate students for a 6-month co-op opportunity (June-December 2019) *. As a Software Engineer Co-Op, you will have the opportunity to work in various technologies as part of our i-Ready engineering team. Be proud of the impact you will have on students across the country with the fastest growing company in the EdTech industry and one of Boston Business Journal’s Best Places to Work 2014-2018.
* We have both front and back end development positions and will place based on applicant preference & skill set. We also offer 3-month summer internships, apply here and ask us how!
Opportunities and responsibilities you’ll have:
- Design and develop new features that will directly benefit K-12 students and teachers
- Collaborate as part of a Scrum Style Agile team using industry standard tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Ensure code quality through testing (unit, integration, and end-to-end) and reviewing other team members’ code
- Work closely with team members in product and design to devise the best solutions
- Bring new and innovative solutions to resolve challenging software issues as they develop throughout the product life cycle
You’d be a great candidate if you have:
- Passion for learning
Desireto make an impact on student’s lives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A knack for solving complex problems in efficient and creative ways
- A solid foundation in Object Oriented Programming Principles, Data Structures
- Experience working on a collaborative team
- Familiarity with modern distributed source control systems like Github
- Previous experience in either front-end or back-end development:
- Exposure to the ReactJS ecosystem
- Experience with Web technologies (such as Webpack, ExpressJs, Redux, and NodeJS)
- Relevant Java coursework (best practices, latest features, etc.)
- Exposure to Spring, Hibernate, and SQL
- Experience with AWS services, Scala, and Kafka are nice to have
- Knowledge of HTTP, REST, Software Security, and Databases would be a plus
- Undergraduate students with completion of at least two years in an engineering discipline, computer science, or mathematics
- 3.2 GPA or higher
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week for the 6-month duration of the co-op June-December 2019.
About Curriculum Associates:
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Located near Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace, Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work, and Software & Information Industry Association CODiE award winner.
We believe that—with the right materials and support—all children have the ability to succeed, and this idea inspires our engineering, product development, and service teams every day. Our award-winning products include both traditional published material and EdTech products such as our cloud-based i-Ready®. Our programs provide flexible resources for teachers and administrators, as well as meaningful assessments and data-driven, differentiated instruction for millions of students.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.