Our Commitment to Diversity: At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is looking for a Controller who is a dynamic leader by creating an inclusive environment, works collaboratively across multiple functions and lead our Finance team to the next level!
Impact you’ll have:
- Manage all current and future aspects of accounting, financial statements, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, revenue recognition and various special analysis.
- Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual budgets / audits.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of account payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core Employee expense reports, cash control, payroll processing, corporate payroll, state, local and property tax compliance.
- Develop policies, procedures and controls to ensure the generation of timely, accurate and complete financial information. Streamline and automate work processes for max efficiency.
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand and interpret accounting implications for operating decisions.
- Oversee and monitor effective tax strategies and compliance. Assure corporate income tax compliance.
- Lead the development and implementation of financial accounting system road map.
- Direct and coordinate all external audits and regulatory reporting compliance. Evaluate and enhance, as needed, the system of compliance and internal controls to ensure assets are appropriately protected and respond effectively to any changing regulatory developments.
- Track the cash flow needs to support future growth. Evaluate the company’s capital structure, plan for different scenarios, and understand the levers of each.
- Monitor the balance sheet, capital structure, and financial covenants in the context of a leveraged environment. Navigate capital markets strategy to maximize enterprise value creation. Manage regular lender reporting requirements and effectively respond to lenders' requests for information.
- Drive finance transformation and continuous improvement efforts.
Who we’re looking for:
- A dynamic leader who creates a diverse and inclusive team environment
- Experience working in startups / fast-paced environments. Particularly knowledge of or experience in developing processes and procedures from the ground up.
- Passionate and aligns with our mission-driven culture.
- Work collaboratively across corporate functions in an entrepreneurial environment
- Proven ability to drive operational excellence across all aspects of financial accounting and reporting.
- Technology savvy with experience developing and implementing financial accounting and internal control systems.
- Proactive change agent and leader with integrity and well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and managerial skills with demonstrated ability to develop, mentor, and build high performance teams.
- Role-model a strong work ethic, initiative, entrepreneurial mindset, and willingness to roll up sleeves (operating in a lean environment with limited administrative support).
- Encourage diversity of thought, out-of-the-box thinking, and try alternative approaches.
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting; master’s degree highly desirable; CPA preferred
- 15+ years of overall financial accounting experience
- 5+ years in senior accounting management roles at corporate or large division level
Post pandemic, this role will be based in our Billerica, MA office for at least two days a week.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.