This is a 1-year contract.
We are seeking an innovative, experienced middle school math writer with a passion for creating thoughtful educational products that help teachers teach and students learn. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills, have experience developing content for digital products, and be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The impact you'll have:
This position offers the opportunity to create new lessons that engage students and drive learning gains.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with designers, producers, and software developers to create lessons from conceptualization to completion
- Write and edit middle school math lessons for accuracy and thoughtfulness, while adhering to guidelines and meeting deadlines
- Help brainstorm and conceptualize digital interactions and animations that fit within project constraints
- Understand and make content decisions based on technical capabilities and constraints, as well as pedagogical and best practices for user experience
- Attend relative editorial and cross-functional meetings
- Participate in asset reviews
- Support various planning activities
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience writing and editing middle school math materials
- Experience developing digital products and/or intervention products is a plus
- Proven writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and cooperatively across multiple teams
- Familiarity with state standards and assessments
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Education, or a related field required
Location: N. Billerica, MA or remote
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.