Manager, Software Engineering
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Manager, Software Engineering
Why join this team:
To build award-winning software used by millions of students and educators. Join a team of talented engineers working together to solve complex problems using state-of-the-art-technology.
The impact you’ll have:
- Be fully engaged and hands-on with design, coding, code reviews, release coordination, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Research, evaluate, and implement technology frameworks and patterns.
- Apply critical thinking to anticipate and manage risk while prioritizing engineering activity.
- Collaborate with product, architecture, and agile team members in ensuring successful delivery of program increments.
- Be an advocate for continuous improvement through execution on technical initiatives, including refactoring and reduction of technical debt.
- Move the teams towards mature software processes such as CI/CD through continuous investment in infrastructure.
- Lead with empathy by building trust, listening to feedback and speedily resolving issues resulting in happy high-performing teams.
- Lead in a diverse and inclusive environment with team members located either onsite or remote.
- Support hiring and mentoring of engineers and co-ops on the team. Provide career development support to developers.
- Leverage the benefits of Scaled Agile Framework and guide teams in planned delivery of program increments that are organizationally well-aligned.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 7+ years in a software development role, with demonstrated competence and aptitude to lead teams in delivery of scalable software services built on the cloud.
- Knowledge of software engineering patterns and responsive design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience working in an Agile environment, specifically SAFe and Scrum.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud services.
- Prior experience in education.
- Experience building apps for iOS, Android, or both
More about this role:
Location: Billerica, MA
Starting date: ASAPCompensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.