Software Engineering Manager
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
As a Software Engineering Manager at Curriculum Associates, you will lead engineers in the development of highly scalable application components on i-Ready, our cloud hosted EdTech platform. Learn more about i-Ready here: https://www.curriculumassociates.com/products/i-ready
Why join this team:
Build award-winning mission-oriented software used by millions of students and educators. You’ll lead a team of talented engineers working together to solve complex problems using state of the art technology. Ready to make an impact? Join us!
The impact that you’ll have:
- You will lead engineers in development of application components using Java based technology frameworks
- You will be hands-on with design and code reviews and provide technical guidance to engineers
- You will partner effectively with cross-functional partners in requirements analysis, prioritization, estimation efforts, and predictable delivery
- You will apply critical thinking and make data driven decisions to anticipate and manage risk while prioritizing engineering activity
- You will work within the Scaled Agile Framework and guide team members in planned delivery of program increments that are organizationally well-aligned
- You will streamline processes to drive efficiency and continuous delivery
- You will communicate proactively within and across teams to ensure organizational alignment
- You will work with team members on career planning and performance management
- You will support hiring and effective onboarding of new team members
Who we’re looking for:
- 8+ years in a software development role, with a proven track record of leading teams in delivery of scalable software services built on the cloud
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- Expert level knowledge and experience building with Java frameworks and database systems
- Demonstrated track record of successfully hiring, coaching, and facilitating career growth of talented engineers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build productive cross-functional relationships
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including experience with Scrum
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience in the education technology space
- Experience working with AWS
More about this role:
Location: This role will be performed remotely from Greensboro, NC until we open our office in that location. This team uses CA’s Flexible Work Approach, which enables employees on office based teams to work in-office 2 days/week and remotely 3 days/week. For employees who don’t have the space or the desire to work remotely 3 days per week, CA also offers a 4+ days/week in-office option.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.