Senior Editor, Mathematics Grades K-8
Senior Math Editor
We are looking for an experienced K–8 Senior Math Editor to join our talented team. Curriculum Associates has a proven record of developing top quality educational materials and solutions. We are looking for someone with the same passion for making a difference for teachers and students.
The impact you’ll have:
• Contribute to the development of student lesson and teacher guide materials incorporating Common Core or state-specific content and mathematical practices
• Edit and revise manuscript according to established guidelines for accuracy, adherence to instructional design, and alignment to the Common Core or other state standards
• Ensure the quality and appropriateness of content with respect to grade and reading levels, content accuracy and currency, and pedagogical fidelity
• Train, support, and provide feedback to writers throughout all phases of assigned projects
• Edit and review page proofs through all stages of production
• Research trends and strategies in mathematics education, identifying ways to incorporate these ideas in innovative curriculum
• Participate in focus groups with teachers and administrators
• Participate in development of project plans as assigned, and make suggestions that reflect creative solutions to project needs
• Serve as editorial lead on selected projects, with responsibility for ensuring quality of content, identifying possible project bottlenecks and offering solutions, and overseeing work of editors.
What we’re looking for:
• 5–7 years of experience in educational publishing with experience editing print materials
• 3 or more years of experience in math education
• Deep familiarity with Common Core State Standards and state-specific standards in math
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining the quality of the product
• Ability to see the big picture and dig into the details
• Proven writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• A team player who works productively and cooperatively with a wide range of people
• Bachelor’s degree in math, education, or a related field required
We’d also love to see:
• Experience in developing digital materials
• Experience teaching math
• Master’s degree in math education
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.