Analyst, District Support
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking talented individuals with strong analytical and written communication skills to join our growing Custom Analytics Team. In this role, you’ll participate in a broad range of projects related to Curriculum Associates’ suite of assessment and instruction products.
Why join us:
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Located outside Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been consistently recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work.
On our team, there are opportunities for growth and learning as we rapidly expand. We are a close-knit group and strive to maintain a supportive, collaborative, welcoming, and fun working environment. And the best part – we are an awesome group of data nerds!
The impact you’ll have:
- Use SQL to query and prepare analytical datasets from large relational databases with over 7 million records to inform districts’ and schools’ instructional strategies.
- Conduct data analyses to identify the “story” behind student data in response to educator questions and concerns.
- Use your creativity to contribute ideas for the design of data visualizations and educator-facing reports.
- Write clear and understandable internal- and educator-facing responses to inquiries based on analytical findings.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for analytic procedures in tools like Confluence and GitHub.
Who we’re looking for:
An ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A graduate degree in mathematics, data analytics, education, social sciences, or a related field. Or, you have an undergraduate degree in such a field (or equivalent experience) and at least 1 year of experience in an analyst role.
- Applied experience coding in SQL and are comfortable writing complex SQL queries, joining multiple tables within a large relational database.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with experience communicating complex technical topics to lay audiences.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex projects while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities as needs shift or critical customer issues arise.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience working with SAS programming language.
- Experience in the field of education, especially the current national K-12 curriculum and assessment landscape.
- Knowledge of educational measurement principles, including familiarity with psychometric concepts such as measurement error, validity, and reliability estimation.
Required for the application:
- Cover letter
- Additional writing sample preferred but not required.
More about this role:
Location: Billerica, MA or Remote (if remote, please plan on working EST hours)
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.