Software Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Manager
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing educational company located northwest of Boston, MA. We are seeking a software engineering leader to join our growing leadership team to direct the development of engaging and effective digital learning experiences across numerous student/teacher facing applications.
Why join this team:
You’ll be responsible for bringing new & enhancing existing digital products to market by setting technical direction, coordinating risk and priority across teams and vendors, shaping architectural strategy, managing resources, and collaborating closely with product on project delivery.
In a single program, i-Ready integrates powerful assessments and rich insights with effective and engaging instruction in reading and mathematics to address students’ individual needs. i-Ready empowers teachers every day to make more informed instructional decisions and motivates students with access to their own personalized path to growth. Want to be part of our impact? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll provide hands-on direction to a software engineering team of about 10, in collaboration with product and vendor partners, for the delivery of student/teacher experiences
- You’ll research, evaluate, help select, and implement technology frameworks and patterns
- You’ll manage risk and prioritize engineering activity for a project or scrum team
- You’ll develop associates and provide career and technical mentorship to a team of engineers (on-site and distributed)
- You’ll deliver technical solutions to challenges and problems related to browser, device, and OS compatibility
- You’ll stay current on trends and technology related to rich Internet applications, mobile, and UX
Who we’re looking for:
- Prior software engineering experience is essential for success this role
- 3+ years in an engineering leadership position with demonstrated competence in delivering high concurrency applications
- Knowledge of software engineering patterns and tools for media queries, HTML5 offline app support, and other techniques to incorporate responsive design, graceful degradation, and disconnected durability
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including experience with Scrum
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
We would also love to see (though not required):
- Prior experience in education, educational publishing, or high concurrency digital applications
- Experience building apps for iOS, Android, or both
More about this role:
Location: North Billerica, MA. We offer round-trip shuttle service from Back Bay, Kenmore, Union Square, and Alewife MBTA stations.
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.