Game Developer, Unity
Game Developer, Unity
Your game development skills can help children learn! Our team creates delightful, award-winning games that help students master math and develop a positive relationship with intellectual challenge. We are looking to hire a Game Developer to help us develop cross-platform games and expand existing titles. Join us if you want to make games that positively impact kids' lives with internal architecture as beautiful as their outward appearance.
Why join this team:
Our studio creates games in unique circumstances: rather than building a game that will find its market niche for some months (years if you're lucky) and moving onto the next game, our games are platforms for learning that will continue to evolve over the next 5-10 years as our relationship to curricula advances. Learn more about Learning Games via the links below!
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll make learning games: we’re a small team, so your focus is implementation.
- You’ll collaborate with a growing team to add new features and game mechanics to existing titles.
- You’ll bring new game concepts from prototype to polished final product.
- You’ll iteratively refine student interactions to maximize learning and fun.
- You’ll leverage and add to our shared library underlying all our games.
- You’ll fix bugs and do refactors to maintain a clean codebase that stands the test of time.
- You’ll contribute to other parts of the game development/maintenance process like build automation, monitoring, scrum-mastering, etc.
Who we’re looking for:
- Passion for helping children learn.
- 2+ years working in the game industry, 2+ years working on the Unity platform (not including internships and co-ops).
- A portfolio of diverse, high-quality, cross-platform games.
- Ability to discuss the merits of common game patterns and reusable architecture. Willingness to advocate for additional improvements to our technology and processes.
- Comfort taking on myriad responsibilities on a small, entrepreneurial, collaborative, Agile team.
- Ability to work from our San Francisco office, located next to Montgomery BART station.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Mobile experience
- Experience creating tools/services for reuse across diverse titles
- Tech art
- Passion for improving the production pipeline
- Experience optimizing for performance and memory footprint
More about this role:
Location: This role is located at our San Francisco office near the Montgomery BART station. A great office location in the center of downtown with access to tons of fantastic lunch spots!
Perks: Excellent work-life balance (work from home when needed) on a close-knit team. Inspiration and Happy Hours where we play a game for research and team building, or watch a GDC (game developers conference) video and discuss implications for our own games.
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K, and a qualified parking and transit benefit.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.