Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Senior Software Engineer – Frontend
Take one of the most innovative educational technology brands to the next level by becoming part of our rapidly growing organization. We are seeking a highly qualified Senior Software Engineer with experience in modern frontend technologies. As a Senior Frontend Engineer at Curriculum Associates, you will play a key role in building and supporting exciting applications delivered on our education technology platform. You will work as part of a team designing and delivering rich web based and mobile experiences.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will be part of a rapidly growing education company and will impact classrooms and students by your contributions to i-Ready, our award-winning K-12 education software service
- You will work with a wide variety of AWS services and database technologies
- You will work closely with your agile development team members, product owners, and user experience designers to understand requirements and deliver solutions
- You will help build new and innovative solutions that solve challenging software issues
Who we’re looking for:
- You have at least 4 years experience (not counting co-ops and internships) developing and supporting frontend applications in production
- You have served as a team lead, educating, mentoring, and supporting other members of your team to deliver high quality features partnering with Product Management and QA groups
- You have experience building responsive UI applications that scale to large number of users and large datasets
- You have experience with Mustache, Sass, and REST APIs
- You have experience creating new templates in Magnolia CMS, WordPress, or another content management system
- You have experience with writing unit tests with test frameworks like Jest, Jasmine to develop high quality, well tested solutions
- You have experience with writing feature tests using Puppeteer
- You are passionate about producing clear, maintainable, and testable code
- You have experience or knowledge of backend technology and frameworks, especially Java
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are driven to achieve great results
- You have experience designing, developing and delivering web and mobile applications with a focus on frontend
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms; or equivalent work experience
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Open-source projects, or presentations at meetups and conferences
- Educational domain background
Location: Billerica, MA. Currently, all Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.