Senior Professional Development Mathematics Content Writer (3-5 years experience)
About Ready Math:
Ready Mathematics helps teachers create a rich classroom environment in which students at all levels become active, real-world problem solvers. Through teacher-led instruction, students develop mathematical reasoning, engage in discourse, and build strong mathematical habits. The program’s instructional framework supports educators as they strengthen their teaching practices and facilitates meaningful discourse that encourages all learners.
About the role:
The Senior Professional Development Content Writer is responsible for conceptualizing and creating professional development courses focused on Ready Mathematics. The Senior Professional Development Content Writer will research and learn Ready Mathematics and design workshops, webinars, and videos using best practices for adult learners. S/he will also be responsible for creating and presenting training sessions to internal personnel. The Senior Professional Development Content Writer reports to the Director of Professional Services, Content and will interact with colleagues in Product Development, Sales, and Marketing.
The impact you’ll have:
- As Subject Matter Expert, you will research, write, and develop high-quality professional development content for on-site and online delivery that will impact educator practice
- Collaborate with Program Management, Product Development, Professional Development Specialists, and outside experts to conceptualize professional development topics
- Review professional development content authored by other Professional Development team members
- Support Professional Development Specialists for successful Ready Mathematics professional development delivery
- Create webinars, videos, and other support pieces as needed
- Deliver internal presentations as needed
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years writing content for K-12 educator professional development
- Experience with Standards for Mathematical Practice and the NCTM’s Effective Mathematics Teaching Practices
- Understanding of pedagogy and discourse-based mathematics instruction
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize and execute content for a variety of media types and audiences
- High level of comfort with instructional design and presentation technology
- Experience managing multiple projects and tasks
- Proven experience with presentation and workflow software (GoToMeeting, PowerPoint, Workfront)
- Knowledge of presentation and instructional design tools (Camtasia, Snagit, and Adobe Acrobat)
- Extraordinary organizational, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- High degree of flexibility and good humor
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree; MS/MA in Education preferred
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.