At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Supervising Editor will manage the development of digital lessons that will support older striving readers. The lessons you help develop will be part of a brand-new, multi-componential program for adolescents in grade 6-8. As a leader on the cross-functional team, the Supervising Editor will help drive the conceptualization and execution of lessons in one of several foundational reading domains (phonological awareness, phonics, or fluency/high frequency words). A successful candidate will demonstrate strong project management skills, success leading editorial teams with a collaborative approach, innovative thinking, and a passion for creating thoughtful products that will help students learn.
The impact you'll have:
- Actively participating in articulating product goals: specifically, how the set of lessons you are developing will be aligned to research and engaging and appropriate for adolescents
- Driving the development of prototypes, guidelines, and other product specifications, working closely with the Executive Editor
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to design products that meet specified learning and user experience (UX) requirements, including writing appropriate prototype content that facilitates rapidly testing instruction design ideas, providing input into design decisions, and reviewing design and engineering outputs
- Participating in planning effective and efficient editorial schedules, workflows, and processes that support the delivery of high-quality materials, working closely with the Project Manager and/or Producer
- Solving some editorial problems independently and using good judgment to escalate others to the Executive Editor, as needed
- Securing, or supporting in securing, appropriate input, feedback, and approval from leadership and academic advisors on approaches to instructional design, lesson structure, and product designs
- Supporting the development of writers’ guidelines that communicate content requirements to ensure all editors and writers are conforming to quality and content standards
- Writing, editing, and managing manuscript development
- Coordinating and reviewing the work of editors and freelance writers; writing or revising portions of manuscripts to adhere to project guidelines and standards of quality and accuracy
- Possessing thorough understanding of all relevant academic research, our company’s “Guidelines for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion,” and state and national standards
Who we're looking for:
- Mission-driven candidates who can work at a fast pace and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated success developing foundational skills instruction—either for young children, or for adolescents as part of an intervention product
- Proven project management skills, attention to detail, and an ability to drive toward completion; experience should include planning, scheduling, and supervising staff and vendors
- Ability to laser focus on instructional quality throughout the development cycle
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to proactively and creatively solve problems related to product development
Not required, but we'd love to see:
- 7+ years delivering reading/language arts products for K-8 learners, with a preference for experience developing digital materials
- Deep understanding of Foundational Reading skills (Phonics, Phonological Awareness, etc.)
- Master’s degree in education and teaching experience
Location & Travel: Remote. Minimal travel: 2-4 visits to home office in Billerica per year (if remote); 1-2 visits to schools to get teacher and student feedback
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.