Business Systems Analyst
Curriculum Associates is seeking a highly-qualified Business Systems Analyst to serve as a member of the Business Systems team within the Information Technology department. The Business Systems Analyst will act as an intermediary between the business partners and the IT team, and responsible for collecting, clarifying, and documenting business requirements. The Business Systems Analyst will also act as an active thought partner and Salesforce application visionary who shapes business demand for technology. Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our growth and changing industry; therefore, candidates with experience guiding organizations through this process are highly desired.
The impact you’ll have:
- Work with business partners to elicit and capture business needs; understand the customer journey and define detailed user requirements to enhance the design and development of our Salesforce platform.
- Engage with business partners and influence project decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands.
- Act as an intermediary between business and IT by using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes.
- Assist the IT project management team to prioritize these changes and define project scope.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions and document current and future state processes by creating functional specification documents, process flows, etc.
- Assist with building testing plans, scenarios, and scripts to support QA efforts; actively participates in unit and system tests while coordinates user acceptance testing.
- Assist with developing the governance process and change control management by using best practices for prioritization, requirements gathering, QA, UAT and end user training.
- Assist and coordinate the data preparation as required for QA and UAT process.
- Assist project manager by identifying project milestones, tasks, issues, risks and providing regular project status reports.
- Develops training materials and provide training to end users.
- Research and recommend software solutions and applications (e.g., AppExchange applications for Salesforce) in order to meet business needs.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of business and system analysis experience
- 1-3 years of experience supporting Salesforce.com or related CRM products in a complex organization.
- Functional knowledge of Sales and Service core business processes (e.g., opportunity management, quoting, order management, customer on-boarding, resource scheduling, etc.), preferably in the Education technology industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a matrix environment.
- Strong customer service skills with high concern for quality and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of both traditional Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Experience in converting business requirements and functional requirements to use cases.
- Demonstrated ability to quantify resource requirements and measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
- Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
- Must be available to occasionally work off-hours to support project activities and deployments.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
We’d also love to see:
- Experience on a Salesforce implementation through the full Software Development Lifecycle is a plus.
- Project management skills and experience is a plus.
- PMI Business Analysis certification is a plus.
- Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- Salesforce Certification is a plus.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.