Interactive Art Director
Interactive Art Director
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is looking for an inspired and collaborative Art Director to lead the design of engaging and intuitive experiences for our Educator and Student platforms. Working closely with the Senior Director of Product Design, an Art Director at Curriculum Associates is a strong analytical and conceptual thinker who can transform ideas into delightful product experiences and demonstrate a knack for compelling visual storytelling. The right person will relish working with closely with designers, subject matter experts, product managers, and engineers to transform educator and student user needs into powerful interactive experiences.
Key responsibilities include art direction and visual design of key initiatives, partnering with Product and Engineering to prototype and design highly effective user interfaces, directing other designers and managing the implementation of the front-end design across a variety of projects, and developing style guides, templates and user experience patterns.
The impact you’ll have:
- Designing and overseeing the front-end design of our student and educator platforms
- Collaborating with and providing direction to a small team of Interactive Designers
- Participating in concept development with editorial, design, and development teams
- Using iterative and collaborative design techniques to transform new concepts to inspired products via storyboards/sketches/wireframes and prototypes
- Creating high-fidelity final comps, developing effective documentation for varied audiences, and collaborating closely with Agile development teams to ensure proper implementation of the designs
- Ensuring all designs are research-driven, user-focused, highly engaging, and relevant to students and teachers of various abilities and varied demographics such as gender, ethnicity, and age
- Maintaining, updating, and improving existing products
- Participating, as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team, in the definition, planning and prioritization of user requirements; proactively identifying and solving potential problems within assigned projects throughout creative process
What we’re looking for:
- You have significant, direct experience art directing compelling visual content, preferably for educators and students in the math instruction space
- You possess a track record of creating innovative and thoughtful products that improve user experience
- You’re experienced in using research to drive creative decisions
- You are a strong visual thinker with the ability to art direct for a variety of age groups
- You are detail oriented, able to prioritize and produce quality work under tight deadlines
- You have strong information design and communication design skills
- You have a proven understanding of UX, UI, evidence-based user-centered design, user engagement principles, and using research to drive UX design decisions
- You've got a strong knowledge of mobile and web interaction
- You are an outstanding written and verbal communicator
- You have a proven ability to work as part of a production team in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- You are passionate about exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education
- You are proficient in Adobe CC, Sketch, Figma, and/or Adobe XD
Additional: Portfolio submission is required for considerationLocation: North Billerica, MA or Brooklyn, NY, or remote.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.