Law Student Co-Op, Fall 2021
Law Student Co-Op, Fall 2021
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates was founded in 1969 with a singular mission: to make classrooms better places for teachers and students. In the years since, the company has held tight to this founding value, introducing innovating and exciting new technologies that give every student the chance to succeed.
Note: We are currently hiring for our Fall Legal Co-Op, however, our team is growing. Based on company need and performance, we are open to extending employment past December 2021.
About our Co-Op:
The Legal Department of Curriculum Associates LLC offers challenging and diverse work assignments for legal co-ops as we provide legal and business advice to our rapidly-growing company. The Legal Department handles a wide variety of legal issues including:
- Commercial contracting, including negotiating with customers, vendors, and partners
- Regulatory and compliance matters in areas such as data privacy and public procurement law
- Intellectual property matters, including content licensing, copyright, and trademark
- Legal co-ops may be required to assist in all such areas
The impact you’ll have:
- Provide hands-on assistance to attorneys in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements with customers, vendors, and/or other third parties;
- Support process improvements in contract management role by creating analyses and summaries, compiling and organizing contracts and other documents, and verifying information or data;
- Perform legal research on relevant topics impacting CA’s business and present findings to attorneys as well as colleagues in other departments;
- Assist with regulatory compliance matters as requested by attorneys
Who we're looking for:
- Successfully completed at least one year of study at an accredited law school
- Able to work between 20-40 hours a week for the duration of the 4-month Co-Op within September-December 2021 – If you are not able to work 40-hours each week due to school commitments, please still apply! We are interested in speaking with qualified candidates and are willing to work with your school schedule
- Please include a cover letter with your application
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.