Senior Software Engineer II
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The impact you’ll have:
- Build scalable, efficient, and high-performance pipelines and workflows that are capable of processing large amounts of batch and real-time data
- Multidisciplinary work supporting real time streams, ETL pipelines, data warehouses and reporting services
- Design and develop microservices and data applications that interact with other microservices
- Use Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Data Lake on AWS S3, EMR, Spark, and related technologies to ingest, store, aggregate, transform, move and query data
- Partner with team members to build and release features using CI tools like Git, Jenkins, and Maven/SBT
- Follow coding best practices – Unit testing, design/code reviews, code coverage, documentation etc.
- Performance Evaluation and capacity planning for every release.
- Work effectively as part of an Agile team
- Bring new and innovative solutions to the table to resolve complex software issues as they may develop throughout the product life cycle
- Ability to show experience in designing and developing enterprise level software solutions.
- Strong experience with SQL and Relational databases
- Experience developing J2EE applications and microservices using Spring Boot
- Experience with large volume data processing and big data tools such as Apache Spark, Scala, and Hadoop technologies
- Experience with Amazon cloud computing infrastructure (Aurora MySQL, Dynamo dB, EMR, Lambda, Step Functions, etc.)
- Experience working with the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Knowledge in stream processing technologies such as the Confluent Platform and Spark Streaming
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.