Educational Consultant (Math) - Part Time - Daytona Beach, FL
Curriculum Associates is seeking a temporary, part-time professional development Educational Consultant (Math) with a background in teaching mathematics, coaching teachers, delivering professional development and support, analyzing data, and working with school leaders. Working closely with the Professional Development Manager, sales team, and other Curriculum Associates professionals, the Educational Consultant (Math) will be responsible for facilitating high-quality professional development, training, support, data analysis, and communicating consultatively with school teachers and leaders.
Hours: Part-time consultants are scheduled on an as-needed basis, paid hourly. Schedule is highly dependent on customer demand.
Location: Daytona Beach, FL. Must have own transportation as this role requires considerable travel beyond the posted location.
The impact you'll have:
- Become an expert on the company’s online diagnostic and instruction program and Common Core product, focusing on Mathematics.
- Help coordinate on-site product training and professional development courses to teachers and school administrators. Adjust professional development workshops within specified parameters to fit the needs of the participants.
- Deliver professional development courses to teachers, coaches and leaders on how to effectively implement Ready and i-Ready to impact classroom learning.
- Provide on-site targeted support to teachers, coaches and leaders. This may range from providing lesson planning and pacing support, to helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction, to working with leaders to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges.
- Engage in internal cycle of professional improvement and development (including being observed, receiving feedback, and being coached).
- Track and submit detailed training notes.
- Complete all assignments in a timely manner.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and prospects.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of experience in teaching mathematics, coaching teachers of mathematics, and providing mathematics professional development. Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching mathematics at the secondary (6-12) level and/or with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mathematics or mathematics education.
- Strong working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics for Grades K-8 (or comparable state standards), including both the content standards and the practice standards. Understanding of the ELA Standards for K-8 also preferred.
- Fluency with using digital tools including online assessments, and a high level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders.
- Understand principles of adult learning and how to apply them to professional development.
- Excellent facilitation skills, ensuring participants meet learning objectives.
- Excellent computer and internet skills including knowledge of Office programs (Outlook, Word, PPT, etc.); knowledge of online meeting programs (e.g. GoToMeeting/WebEx) a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
- Superior time management skills: ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Proven organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Must have own transportation and laptop that meets the i-Ready system requirements and can open and edit PowerPoint, Excel, and Word files.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.