The Grants Manager will research, create, and maintain a comprehensive webpage to support schools and districts in identifying grant funding streams aligned with CA’s product suite. Once this web presence is established, the person hired for this newly created role will create grant help packets targeted to relevant funding opportunities, as well as provide direct writing / editing support to school districts on their grant proposals to secure funding to purchase CA’s programs and services. This is an exciting opportunity to build this function from the ground up, with the support of a part-time Grants Writer.
Why join this team:
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Headquartered outside Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been consistently recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work.
We are seeking a talented full-time remote Grants Manager to join one of the best Bids & Proposals teams in the industry as we grow this key business function. Our small but mighty team has maintained an average win rate of better than 60% over the past 8 years. Are you a self-starter with a vision to create well-organized, user-friendly resources that support K-12 schools nationwide in obtaining quality curricula and professional development? Would you love to work in an environment where excellence is rewarded and you can have a meaningful impact on business operations? Do you want to be part of a team that is ethical, dedicated, collaborative, creative, and passionate about ‘getting it right”? If so, let’s talk!
The impact you’ll have:
- In collaboration with the Web Design team, create CA’s grants page from scratch, determining the most relevant and useful information to convey to assist school districts in identifying and securing funding for CA programs based on their needs.
- Work directly with school districts, CA’s Sales team, and other key cross-functional team members to support grant-writing efforts.
- Train the Sales team on available funding research and how to best support their districts in finding funding to purchase CA’s programs and service.
- Write compelling, targeted grant narratives for K–12 funding streams.
- Lead CA’s research efforts on grant funding and become a subject matter expert in this area.
- Mentor and manage a part-time grant writer and recommend ways to effectively and efficiently scale this important function over time. This includes check-ins and performance evaluations, pay reviews, and personnel / placement decisions.
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of grant- or proposal-writing experience in the K–12 education field
- An outstanding communicator, gifted in the art of “selling through writing” and able to confidently lead live trainings, presentations, and productive conversations with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively across teams with competing needs, including the demonstrated ability to use varying styles, approaches, skills, and techniques to communicate with various constituents (e.g., teachers, administrators, university staff, community partners) with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple tasks/projects concurrently
- Excellent attention to detail and a true love of writing and research
- The ability to identify a grants- or market-related research need, proactively and independently design and conduct that research, and then use findings to inform decision-making and produce a successful result
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Adobe Pro, SharePoint, and other standard business applications; Qvidian experience preferred
Please include a professional writing sample with your resume. Applications without a writing sample will not be considered.
More about this role:
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.