SaaS Operations Engineer
We are seeking an experienced SaaS Operations Engineer who can build out and support our web infrastructure (servers, databases, networks, monitoring, reporting) as well as our processes and procedures (continuous integration, build infrastructure, test automation). The successful candidate will contribute to the evolution of our AWS cloud infrastructure that supports Curriculum Associates’ internally developed suite of software applications as well as internal systems.
The impact you’ll have:
The SaaS Operations Engineer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and advance our capabilities in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment.
• Build, operate, scale, and troubleshoot the Curriculum Associates SaaS infrastructure.
• Enhance our monitoring tools, build infrastructure and source code management.
• Provide operations coverage as part of an on-call rotation.
• Work with other teams to make sure that the infrastructure/applications that depend on it work together seamlessly.
• Support other teams’ build and infrastructure needs on an as-needed basis.
• Write tools for systems and infrastructure automation.
What we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement:
- 2-5 years of SaaS Operations Engineer or DevOps experience in a startup environment.
- Linux systems admin experience on Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, DynamoDB).
- Has experience operating a 24/7 production web application.
- Experience with MySQL, Java/Tomcat/Apache, Splunk and open-source tools for systems monitoring/management.
- Experience coding for task automation – shell/Perl/Python.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General analysis/problem solving and the ability to develop creative solutions.
Location and More about us:
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing EdTech company located northwest of Boston, MA. We deliver the best-in-class reading, language arts, math, assessments, and test prep programs for preK–8 and at-risk secondary students. Need a ride to our office in North Billerica? Our shuttle picks up from a number of Boston area "T" stops.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.