Business Development Trainee
Business Development Trainee
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Business Development Trainee supports our Sales, Marketing, and Data teams to maintain and boost our current customer base. The Trainees will begin their assignment working with the Inside Sales team to establish a baseline in product knowledge while supporting sales function by developing leads, market surveys, customer consultation, and sample product offerings. Depending on their course of study, the Trainee will have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of sales, data, or marketing and advance through the program with hands-on experience. The trainee will build skills and gain experience within a specific track and based on managerial discretion, have the opportunity to support multiple functions of the organization while exploring different career paths. The Business Development Trainee will be exposed to extensive training, mentorship, and real-world application to help launch careers.
What you'll do:
- Execute sales strategies by calling existing and new customers
- Provide additional administrative support to sales representatives
- Develop and refine sales skills by participating in on-going sales trainings
- Manage outbound telephone and email communication with customers and prospects
- Prepare data generation, collection, storage, and data management
- Responsible for data cleaning/data integrity
- Analyze data exploration, visualization, and analysis
- Complete an average of 3 data reports a day
- Support the creation of specialized projects in account-based marketing and content development
- Assist in marketing research and campaigns
- Provide administrative support to the marketing team
- Based upon the business needs
Note: The essential duties are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific responsibilities and assignments will be provided by the incumbent manager.
Who we're looking for:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited College or University.
- Must work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Represent CA’s core values- demonstrate integrity, ethical standards, and a professional demeanor.
- Highly motivated and target driven.
- Strong relationship management skills and openness to feedback.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player capable of staying disciplined in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, delivering quality work under deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of CRM systems.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong listening and communication skills- both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills- build trust and confidence among team.
Location: Tuscon, AZ
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.