Sales Support Analyst
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Located outside Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been consistently recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our growing Sales Operations Team. As a Sales Support Analyst, you will partner with a group of Sales Representatives in a specified region of the United States, leading operational support in that region. You will become an expert not only in our product offerings, pricing, and sales process, but also in your region of focus. You will develop collaborative working relationships with the Sales Representatives in your region. You will hone your analytical and data-driven problem-solving skills while gaining an understanding of the K-8 educational industry. In addition to working with the sales team, you will interact with a variety of other departments, including finance, Bids & RFPs, account management, and customer service.
While you will have regular interaction with the Sales Representatives in your assigned region, this is not a customer-facing role, and you are not responsible for generating leads, closing sales, etc.
The impact you’ll have:
- Take the lead of sales support in your region
- Provide Sales Representatives with price quotes for Curriculum Associates products and services
- Guide Sales Representatives through the operations side of the sales process, from opportunity to purchase order
- Support the maintenance of opportunities in Salesforce
- Answer Sales Representatives’ questions regarding: our pricing, policies, product configurations, quoting and order fulfillment process, and Salesforce
- Provide our Bids & RFPs team with pricing for RFPs in your region
- Engage in further developing internal tools and processes by providing your ideas and feedback regarding their performance, efficacy, and efficiency
- Support our customer service team by providing information needed for the entry of complex orders
- Process sample orders for educators and sales representatives
- A supportive, collaborative, and welcoming working environment
- Opportunities for growth and learning in an expanding team
- See your voice and efforts effect positive change for educators and our company
- Gain insight into operations across the company
- Build your knowledge of the sales cycle and order fulfillment process
- Bachelor’s degree with 0–2 years of work experience
- An organized, detail-oriented individual with excellent time management skills
- Analytic, critical thinker who enjoys solving problems
- A clear and concise communicator both verbally and in writing – especially via email
- Ability to balance working both independently and cooperatively with a wide range of people
- Someone with a growth mindset who is curious, ambitious, and loves to learn
- A person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and adapts well to change
- Tech savviness with Excel familiarity, and a drive to further develop Excel skills
- Experience with Salesforce
- “Being new to Sales Ops, I have learned a ton in a short period of time! The emphasis is always on improving our processes, work flow, and overall capacity to support the field reps supporting educators. The individuals on the team are a joy to work with and create a warm environment.” – Frankie
- “Working on the Sales Ops team has been great. Everyone has been extremely welcoming and supportive. In my experience, all members have been available to help with issues that come up and answer any questions I might have. It’s nice being part of a team where people not only want you to succeed, but go the extra mile to help you succeed.” – Drew
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K, and onsite fitness center and café.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.