Manager, Sales Operations
Manager, Sales Operations
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Do you want to make an impact on classrooms that lasts a lifetime? Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing EdTech organization committed to this mission in serving our 10-million-plus customers. Located outside Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been consistently recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our growing Sales Operation Team as the Manager of Sales Operations reporting to the VP of Sales and Service Ops. In this role you will work cross functionally across the Sales, Service, and Finance teams, supporting the company’s need for a robust Revenue Forecast that reaches various audiences across the company. In addition to the Revenue Forecast, you will also be responsible for all things related to pipeline management, territory alignment studies, training, and annual quota setting. You will further develop your analytical and data-driven problem-solving skills while gaining an understanding of the K-8 educational industry. In this role, you will interact with a variety of other departments, including Sales, Account Management, Professional Development, Inventory Management, and IT Business Systems. This role will have two direct reports to assist you in this function.
The impact you will have:
- Lead the effort to collect powerful, precise data that can be used to better understand and serve the needs of the company
- Plan and facilitate the monthly sales forecast calls with the field teams, including proactive communication with the Sales Reps to ensure the pipeline is up-to-date and accurate
- Responsible for the monthly forecast roll-up and communicating the key callouts from the forecast calls. Work with the FP&A team to provide input on variance analysis and the 5-year plan modeling
- Assist our service and inventory teams with providing accurate forecast data for resource and inventory planning
- Perform routine audits on pipeline data to ensure accuracy and call out any trends
- Monthly/Quarterly reporting on top opportunities and their status
- Prepare and load renewal opportunities on a rolling quarterly basis
- Provide intel and design ideas for future SFDC enhancements that will further the efficiency and accuracy of the pipeline
- Translate those ideas into Business Requirements and work with the IT team to roll out new initiatives
- As we grow, we need to continue to revise territories and build out more territories. In this role, you will be responsible for driving this effort from beginning to end and will be expected to provide guidance and analytics. You will work closely with the sales leadership team to come to a consensus on new territories.
- The end-to-end process includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing analytics and tools for the sales team to carve out new territories
- Annual update process to align SFDC to the new territories
- Ongoing territory upkeep in SFDC for the Sales Team including all Field, Inside, and Jr Sales rep roles
- Ensuring new accounts and assigned to the correct reps
- Routinely audit orders to ensure they are credited to the correct rep
- Resolve any disputes regarding account ownership
Annual Target Setting:
- Own the annual target setting process beginning to end which includes:
- generating a clean renewal base and maintaining an accurate view of Annualize Contract Value (ACV)
- maintaining and revamping, as needed, the target model
- coordinate with sales leadership on setting annual growth targets
- roll-up and report on the company targets to Exec team, FP&A, commissions, etc.
- updating Salesforce with the annual targets and related metrics
- Create and maintain SFDC training materials for the Sales Team
- Lead the SFDC training for new Sales/Support Team members and any ongoing/adhoc training as needed
- Communicate SFDC enhancements to the Sales/Support Team and training as needed
- There will be one Sales Ops Analysts reporting into this role and they will be responsible for supporting the efforts of the Forecasting/Pipeline Hygiene and ACV/Annual Target Base setting
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone who wants to be a part of a supportive, collaborative, and welcoming working environment
- You are a hungry, curious learner who yearns for growth opportunities on an expanding team
- You are committed to making an impact that lasts a lifetime
- You possess significant and direct relevant work experience
- You are an organized, detail-oriented individual with excellent time management skills
- You possess an analytical, critical thinking mindset, who enjoys solving problems and working with data
- You are a clear and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and adapts well to change
- You are tech savvy with expert-level Excel skills
- Previous use of SQL and SFDC/Domo experience is a plus
- Previous management experience is a plus
Location: This role will be based in North Billerica, MA with a flexible work schedule to be determined following the reduction of COVID-19 restrictions. Please note that strong remote candidates will be considered for this role.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.