Undergraduate Software Engineering Co-Op/Internship
We are seeking motivated undergraduate students for Co-Op and Internship opportunities to work as part of our i-Ready engineering team. Be proud of the impact you will have on over 7 million students across the country building educational software for the fastest growing company in the EdTech industry and one of Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work 2014-2018.
How to apply:
Apply here with your resume, unofficial transcript, and a doc with a couple sentences about why you like us, and why we would like you! We are unable to consider your application if these items are not provided.
We think that as a co-op or intern, you should have the opportunity to accomplish meaningful work while growing as an engineer. You will be placed on (and become an integral part of) a team comprised of people from many different groups including designers, project managers, etc, and you will also be part of a larger community including your peers of other co-ops and interns. As a CA co-op or intern, you don’t work for us, we work with you to make sure you’re gaining the experience and skills you want. You’ll start off with smaller assignments to understand our tools and processes and ramp-up to more complicated, larger assignments as you learn and apply. You’ll be exposed to many different aspects of engineering all the while completing work that moves your team(s) forward.
“A successful term at CA will result in co-ops and interns eventually doing the same work as their experienced teammates and learning applicable technical and business skills aligned as much as possible to their personal goals.” – CA Director of Engineering
- 6-month Co-Op, June-December 2020 (40 hours per week)
- 3-month Internship, May-August 2020 (40 hours per week)
What to expect:
- Develop features that directly benefit our K-12 students and teachers
- Ensure code quality through testing (unit, integration, and end-to-end) and reviewing other team members’ code
- Work closely with team members in product and design
- Take ownership of designing and implementing solutions to enhance our product
You would be a good fit if you…
- Have experience in any of the tech we use (take a peek below – we don’t expect you to know all of it)
- Want to make a positive social impact
- Have a knack for solving complex problems in efficient and creative ways
- Enjoy working on a collaborative team
… but you simply must…
- Be an undergraduate student with completion of at least one year in an engineering discipline, computer science, or mathematics
- Have a 3.2 GPA or higher
- Be able to work 40 hours a week for the 6-month duration of the Co-op or 3-month duration of the Internship.
Some tech we use:
- Subsidized onsite lunch
- Shuttles from/to Alewife, Allston, Kenmore, Back Bay
- Game Room & Gym Facilities on Site
- Free Parking on Site
About Curriculum Associates:
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Located near Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace, Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work, and Software & Information Industry Association CODiE award winner.
We believe that—with the right materials and support—all children have the ability to succeed, and this idea inspires our engineering, product development, and service teams every day. Our award-winning products include both traditional published material and EdTech products such as our cloud-based i-Ready®. Our programs provide flexible resources for teachers and administrators, as well as meaningful assessments and data-driven, differentiated instruction for millions of students.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.