At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Headquartered outside Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been consistently recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work.
We are seeking a talented full-time Proposal Writer to join one of the best Bids & Proposals teams in the industry as we grow this key business function. The Proposal Writer will be an integral contributor to the team’s work in expertly crafting winning proposals to school district solicitations.
Why join this team:
Are you the person who can help build on our team’s sustained success as we continue to expand our service nationwide? Would you love to work in an environment where excellence is rewarded and you can have a meaningful impact on business operations? Do you want to be part of a team that is ethical, dedicated, collaborative, creative, and passionate about ‘getting it right”? If so, let’s talk!
The impact you’ll have:
- Reviewing new Request for Proposal (RFP) documents to summarize key points and help make bid/no bid decisions, based on best fit and value to the organization.
- Understanding RFP requirements and crafting (either directly or in collaboration with other personnel) appropriate responses that highlight Curriculum Associates’ strengths and competitive advantages.
- Developing creative and compelling copy to effectively market our programs and services to educators through the vehicle of a narrative proposal.
- Soliciting, managing, and incorporating cross-functional team edits into proposal drafts.
- Collaborating with other members of the Bids & Proposals team to ensure timely and compliant production and shipment of proposals. This includes leading the digital page-turn review of the final proposal prior to production by the Production team.
- Conduct debrief analyses, share lessons learned with colleagues, and incorporate those refinements into subsequent proposals.
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience writing proposals, preferably in a K-12 education/publishing environment
- An outstanding communicator, gifted in the art of “selling through writing,” with a genuine love of the written word
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple tasks/projects concurrently
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively across teams with competing needs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fast and nimble research capabilities—ability to synthesize essential information from large, complex documents
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Expertise with Word, Excel, Adobe Pro, SharePoint, and other standard business applications; Qvidian experience preferred
Please include a cover letter and two professional writing samples with your resume. Resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.
More about this role:
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.