Senior Interactive Designer
At Curriculum Associate, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Are you a designer who loves thinking through complex challenges and finding creative solutions?
Curriculum Associates is looking for an inspired and passionate Senior Interactive Designer to design accessible and intuitive experiences for our i-Ready English and Spanish Reading products. Working closely with the Senior Director of Design and Lead Interactive Designer, a Senior Interactive Designer at Curriculum Associates is a strong analytical and conceptual thinker responsible for the art, UX and interaction design for our i-Ready English and Spanish Reading products.
The right person will relish working closely with subject matter experts, product managers, and engineers to create Spanish and English Reading lessons for K-8 students.
The impact you’ll have:
- Build an engaging experience that makes learning fun for our K-8 students
- Join a mission-driven company and team that are focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs
- Influence the creation of educational resources that are used by 8 million students across the country
- Develop products in collaboration with the educators we serve, as well as work with industry leaders and organizations to ensure culturally responsive resources
- Participate, as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team, in the definition, concepting, planning and prioritization of user requirements; proactively identifying and solving potential problems within assigned projects throughout creative process
- Use iterative and collaborative design techniques to transform new concepts to products via storyboards/sketches/wireframes and prototypes
- Assist in art direction of designers, artists, and vendors to ensure consistent visual quality and style across product
- Ensure all media is user-focused, highly engaging, and relevant to students of various abilities and varied demographics such as gender, ethnicity, and age
- Create high-fidelity final comps, developing style guides and templates for varied audiences, and collaborating closely with Agile development teams to ensure proper implementation of the designs
- Update and improve existing products
- 5+ years designing rich interactive and multi-media experiences (experience designing for children a plus)
- A track record of creating innovative and thoughtful products that improve user experience
- A proven understanding of UX, UI, evidence-based user-centered design, and user engagement principles
- Ability to determine an engaging visual direction, effectively communicate art direction and decisions across designers and illustrators, and manage healthy collaboration with editorial teams
- Strong knowledge of mobile and web interaction
- Highly detail-oriented and developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong design, typographic, art direction, and communication design skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a love for collaboration
- Proven ability to work as part of a production team in highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- A passion for exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education
- Proficient in Adobe CC, Sketch, and prototyping software
- Understanding of HTML5, iOS and other programming languages preferred
- A demonstrated record of previous achievement. Portfolio submission required to be considered
- Experience in K-8 curricula and/or children’s interactive media
- Familiar with web accessibility
- Fluent in Spanish
Location: This is a remote position, however, candidates living or planning to relocate to Brooklyn, NY may choose to work in-person or arrange a hybrid schedule.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.