Sales Director, Texas
Sales Director, Texas
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Texas Regional Sales Director, in concert with the SW VP of Sales, leads the direction and oversight of the Texas sales strategy while ensuring alignment with growth goals in the marketplace. The individual will oversee the full suite of sales and enablement technology tools and services. The RSD is responsible for the upkeep and reporting on territory plan, informing potential and existing customers of product features and benefits, and establishing relationships with key stakeholders in order to exceed sales goals. This position interacts with senior leaders, executives, and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives. This regional leader thrives on working through challenges in a fast-paced dynamic environment, is comfortable with ambiguity, collaborates well with others, is self-driven towards achieving results. The RSD is able to successfully lead the sales team, supporting the overall strategy and service delivery plan of the IST (Implementation Service Team).
The impact you’ll have:
- Establish collaborative, productive working relationships with the sales organization to gain an in-depth understanding of the overall operations and needs
- Act as an expert on the company’s products, the issues faced by teachers in the classroom, and the latest educational trends at the local, state, and regional level
- Develop and execute a sales territory plan for the assigned territory in collaboration with Implementation Service Team members
- Formulate new business opportunities, conceptualize solutions, initiate proposals, and implement plans leading to increased business for opportunities
- Proactively develop relationships with the top school districts in order to determine their formative assessment and solutions needs and work with them to develop solutions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key clients, decision makers, and thought leaders, identifying additional revenue-generating opportunities
- Deliver key sales presentations virtually or in person
- Plan and execute regional events and conference attendance/sponsorships
- Demonstrate effective and successful working relationships with internal stakeholders to include sales, service, account management, and product development teams
- Ensure that financial planning, accounting, and financial processes are completed on time and accurately
- Responsible for financial performance objectives for assigned accounts and/or territories
- Provide leadership and engagement in addressing account or program issues that become escalated
- Be a role model during every interaction and communication, upholding CA’s values
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Marketing, Sales, Business, or related field
- You have 5+ years’ equivalent experience in education or educational sales
- You’ve worked in a SaaS-based sales environment
- You are an exceptional communicator – both oral and written
- You are an ongoing learner – able to learn and incorporate new and complex concepts quickly
- You possess a solutions focused mindset
- You are adept at working independently, with some direction, and collaboratively, in a team environment
- You possess a high attention to detail and ability to follow complicated directions
- You are a proven, effective decision maker through ownership, and accountability
- You aren’t intimidated by ambiguity and favorably navigate through stressful situations and pressing deadlines
- You demonstrate integrity, ethical standards and a professional demeanor
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical capability
- Proficient with Programs and Applications like Outlook, SalesForce.com, Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS365, CRM, Marketing Automation tools and search engines)
Travel: Up to 50% is required and considered and essential function of the job for all educator-facing positions. Travel includes overnight stays at hotels and transportation via car, plane, and/or public transportation.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.