Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. As a company, we have both a responsibility and the opportunity to reduce the effects of systemic racism for the students, educators, and educational communities we serve and for our team members. We are committed to ensuring CA is a champion of antiracist ideals in our service to schools, in our products, and in our company culture. Our research-based, award-winning print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students become college and career-ready.
CA is seeking a Customer Service Representative to join our Customer Service team in Littleton, MA! Curriculum Associates’ Customer Service team is one of the best in the industry, which gives us a competitive advantage; we look for the elite in sales and service candidates. In return, we offer the opportunity for growth within the customer service function.
The impact you’ll have:
- Addressing inbound phone calls and making outbound calls, as needed
- Data entry of various order types from educational entities– purchase order, credit card and sample orders
- Supporting the Customer Service, Warehouse, and Sales teams to meet customer needs
- Identify and resolve order/customer issues, and if needed, direct to the designated resource or department and follow through for final resolution
- Incorporating the use of Sales Force in the order entry process
- Gaining knowledge of relevant computer applications and product to assist customers on all aspects of customer support
What we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement:
- Knowledge of Customer Service principles and best practices with a minimum of 2 years' call center experience
- High school diploma required, some college or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong sense of urgency when it comes to answering customer inquiries, complaints and other requests
- Strong organizational, problem solving, analytical and time management skills, along with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities and workflow
- Interpersonal skills along with proven adaptability and initiative
- Ability to work independently with some direction
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- PC proficient, Microsoft Office skills required
- Demonstrated telephone and business email etiquette with the ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbally
- Active listening skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
Location: Currently, all Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, this position will be required to work out of our Littleton, MA office. This role will be Monday - Thursday from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM and Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.