Illinois Sales Representative
Curriculum Associates is looking for an Educational Sales Consultant in Northeastern Illinois. This position works closely with the regional sales manager and is responsible for all outside sales in a portion of Cook county and 17 counties south of Cook. The ideal candidate will be passionate about education and improving the lives of students and teachers. The ideal candidate will possess a skill set that will include building interdependent relationships with district-level school administrators to promote digital and print-based products within the Curriculum Associates portfolio.
Impact you'll have:
- Becoming an expert on the company’s products, the issues faced by teachers in the classroom and the latest educational trends at the local, state and national level
- Demonstrate effective territory management
- Establish relationships with high-level school district leaders in targeted accounts
- Deliver key sales presentations
- Demonstrate effective and successful working relationships with internal stakeholders to include sales, service, account management and product development teams
- Develop and implement sales plans & strategies to effectively utilize multiple resources
- Create and maintain accurate opportunities pipeline
- Forecast sales results
- Communicate information such as product needs, market conditions, promotional activities, business opportunities, sales trends, and competition strategies/activities
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5+ years experience in education or educational sales
- Knowledge of CCSS in ELA and Math
- Experience in a SaaS- based sales environment
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency demonstrating digital/technology solutions
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, web-based presentation tools, sales contact management systems (SalesForce.com).
- Position involves some overnight travel
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.