Sales Director, Southwest
The Sales Director, Southwest with a proven track record of success, will lead a team of outside sales representatives in the assigned territory of OK, AZ, NM, NV. Reporting to the SVP, Sales, this position works closely with the Account Management and Professional Development teams in a collaborative and service-oriented culture. The ideal candidate will be passionate about education and improving the lives of students and teachers. The candidate will possess deep relationships in key districts, and a skill set that includes coaching and mentoring field sales consultants to promote digital and print-based products within the Curriculum Associates portfolio.
The impact you'll have:
- Meet regional growth expectations
Be an expert on the company’s programs, the issues faced by teachers in the classroom and the latest educational trends at the local, state and national levels
Demonstrate effective personnel management, hire, train, coach, motivate, & manage assigned sales consultants
Establish relationships with high-level school district leaders in targeted accounts
Make key sales presentations
Demonstrate effective and successful working relationships with internal stakeholders to include sales, service, finance and product development teams
Supervise & monitor development and implementation of sales plans & strategies to effectively utilize multiple resources
Maintain budgeted expense/sales ratio
Travel and communicate regularly with regional sales staff to plan, monitor, and appraise performance results
Forecast regional sales and inventory needs regularly and accurately
Communicate information such as product needs, market conditions, promotional activities, business opportunities, sales trends, and competition strategies/activities
Note: The essential duties are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific responsibilities and assignments will be provided by the incumbent’s manager.
Who we're looking for:
- Strong listening and communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal and customer centric skills – build trust and dependability
- Results oriented
- Effective decision making, ownership, and accountability
- Able to handle ambiguity and favorably navigate through stressful situations and pressing deadlines
- Demonstrate integrity, ethical standards and a professional demeanor
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with the ability to multitask
- A self-starter, disciplined and competitive professional
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical capability
- Proficient with Programs and Applications like Outlook, SalesForce.com, Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS365, CRM, Marketing Automation tools and search engines)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Marketing, Sales, Business, or related field
- Understanding of the education landscape within identified territory
- 5+ years successful sales or management experience within education market
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency demonstrating digital/technology solutions
Travel: >80%, both driving and flying; some overnight travel required
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, standing at conferences and events, or driving
Benefits and Pay Range:
Pay Range – This role’s range is $93,250-$166,250. The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that Curriculum Associates considers in making compensation decisions based on our Compensation Philosophy. Actual base pay within that range will vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, prior experience and relevant skill sets. At Curriculum Associates, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances for each case. The Company recognizes that minimum wage varies by location and will ensure all compensation decisions comply with applicable state and local laws.
Benefits – Benefit eligible employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan and receive an employer match. Employees have access to a flexible vacation and sick policy in addition to twelve paid holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year's, as well as a number of additional perks and benefits.
Curriculum Associates is an equal opportunity employer. The Company will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.