Director, Strategic Initiatives
Curriculum Associates (CA) hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the educators and 8 million students we serve. Above all, we’re looking for the right person to grow with us!
We are seeking a mission-driven Director of Strategic Initiatives to join our Strategy team. The Director of Strategic Initiatives will play a critical role in driving and sharing Curriculum Associates’ best insights and ideas around equity in education and the future of assessment and instruction.
Reporting to the Vice President of Strategy, this is a highly visible role that will work extensively with CA’s leadership teams across the organization as well as thought leaders in the education space.
The impact you'll have:
- Work closely with Assessment & Research, Sales, Marketing, Government Relations and other internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain CA’s thought leadership strategy
- Serve as expert on and advocate for equity in education
- Conceive, plan, and execute campaigns to promote CA’s equity agenda to policymakers, educators, and media
- Draft compelling written materials for external audiences, including op-eds and whitepapers
- Launch and maintain new channels to publish and promote CA’s key equity insights
- Build and coordinate relationships with key external stakeholders, including journalists, advocates and other influencers
Who we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a strong interest in working for a mission-centric organization. Ideal candidates will also exhibit qualifications including:
- Passion for equity in education
- Previous experience in and detailed knowledge of K-12 education
- Strategic, creative problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to build deep understanding of complex products or services
- Demonstrated effectiveness working cross-functionally and collaborating with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, professional and friendly demeanor
- Able to build and maintain relationships with fellow thought leaders in the education space
- Enjoys networking and regularly interacting with people in various settings (in-person and virtually)
- Expresses ideas compellingly and persuasively in writing
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and learn continuously
- Highly organized and able to multi-task; able to nimbly respond and execute on priorities
- Proven project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience in thought leadership development, writing and editing, content marketing, communications, public policy, or business consulting
Location: Currently, all Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, some of the team will return to our home office in North Billerica, MA, and others will remain remote. We encourage folks from across the U.S. to apply to this role! Candidates should expect to travel ~10-20% of the time as well as travel to Boston at least four times a year for team meetings (once it is safe to do so).
Compensation and benefits: Equitable pay and great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K. Enjoy perks like a paid company cell phone, flexible hours when needed, and the ability to keep travel points acquired during work-sponsored travel.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.