Principal Quality Engineer (Data-Platform) (N Billerica, MA)
[Department Summary: As Quality Engineers, we analyze, assess and advocate for quality within the greater engineering team on our flagship i-Ready SaaS product. i-Ready is a multi-tenant, database-backed, service-oriented, Java and HTML5 web application deployed on Linux in AWS. i-Ready provides engaging digital instruction and adaptive assessment for students in math and English language arts as well as data-driven insights, reports
Job Duties: Reporting to
- Test Design and Strategy – apply principals of computer science, software engineering
andsoftware testing to design and document test strategies, plans, test cases, checklists andprocedures.
- Web Application Testing – Apply knowledge of front-end, Linux and server technologies to test i-Ready with a mix of scripted and exploratory test techniques, at all application levels (front-end, API, server, database).
- Big Data Testing – Apply knowledge of traditional RDBMS and big-data technologies to test our data platform including real-time data,
dimensionalmodel reporting database, data lake, ETL, and map-reduce.
- Test Automation Frameworks – Apply knowledge of functional and
object orientedprogramming to design and build test frameworks
- Performance Testing – Apply knowledge of performance engineering and performance tools to validate a high availability SaaS.
- Security Testing – Apply knowledge of security best practices to
insure securityof integration points and compliance with data privacy regulations.
- Test Reporting – effectively communicate individual and team test status, defects, coverage, risks and other information about product quality to stakeholders.
- Technical Reviews – participate in technical reviews (test plans, code, designs, requirements) to provide input and identify risks, gaps or other problems.
- Test Planning – provide estimation, status and
other schedule relatedinformation to managers and project managers.
- Risk Analysis –Identify and evaluate risks to quality, project, product, and team. Collaborate with
scrumteam and stakeholders to plan appropriate investigations and mitigations.
- Technical Mentoring and Training – help train new team members about the product, processes, and tools we use. Cross-train peers for knowledge sharing. Mentor and train less experienced testers.
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Engineering field plus 5 years’ experience as a Software Tester or similar role.
- 3 years’ experience testing multi-tiered web applications covering these aspects of testing responsibility: planning, estimation, design, execution, risk analysis, reporting, technical reviews, and defect tracking.
- 3 years’ experience of different types of testing including functional, exploratory, system, regression, black box, white or clear box.
- 3 years’ experience with 2 or more of the following or similar technologies: column store database (e.g. Redshift, MemSQL, Percona, Vertica), MapReduce technology (e.g. EMR, Hadoop, Spark), data lake, streaming (Kafka, Kinesis).
- 3 years’ practical experience using HTML, CSS, HTTP, web browsers, and web servers.
- 3 years’ experience testing applications deployed to UNIX or Linux based environments, accessing environments through SSH
- 3 years’ experience programming in an OOP language (Java, C++, C#) using knowledge of data structures, design patterns, code style, debugging & algorithms and knowledge of patterns.
- 2 years’ experience with version control software (including Git, SVN, Mercurial, VSS & CVS).
- 2 years’ experience on a team using an agile scrum based SDLC.
- 2 years’ experience testing any of these web services (including SOAP, REST, JSON-RPC & XML-RPC).
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
To apply please refer to Reference: CA43232-023
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.