Senior Software Engineer – Backend
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing education company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. We believe that all children have the chance to succeed, and this drives the decisions our engineering, product development, and service teams make every day. Our award-winning products, including cloud-based i-Ready®, provide teachers and administrators with flexible resources that deliver meaningful assessments and data-driven, differentiated instruction for children. We serve millions of students with our i-Ready®, Ready®, and BRIGANCE® programs because of our laser focus on our customers’ needs over our own bottom line, and a belief that thoughtful and continuous innovation leads to a positive impact on classrooms and measurable growth for students.
We are seeking a highly qualified Senior Software Engineer with experience in Java web and report development for a SaaS environment. You will work as part of a strong agile team focused on building a scalable, efficient and high-performance web application serving 4+ million users.
The impact you’ll have:
- Design and develop new product features for multi-tenant, SaaS products.
- Work closely with CA engineers developing in a J2EE environment.
- Develop or expand existing reporting modules that retrieve high concurrency report content from databases.
- Develop automated unit and end-to-end tests and review code to ensure code quality.
- Develop new and innovative solutions to resolve challenging software issues.
- Work effectively as part of an Agile team.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 7-10 years’ experience designing and developing java-based web applications using J2EE or open-source java frameworks.
- Strong experience with SQL and Relational databases.
- Database and data mart design and performance tuning.
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, and related J2EE frameworks
- Experience with Amazon cloud computing infrastructure (MySQL RDS, Dynamo DB, S3, etc.,).
- Demonstrated experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG.
- Experience working with an Agile methodology.
We’d also love to see:
- Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Data lake on AWS S3, EMR, Spark and related technologies to store, move and query data.
- Knowledge of functional programming in Java and Scala.
Location and More about us:
Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing EdTech company located northwest of Boston, MA. Need a ride to our office in North Billerica? Our shuttle picks up from a number of Boston area "T" stops.
Want to explore more? Check us out on social media:www.facebook.com/CurriculumAssociates
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.