Associate Director, Language Arts Marketing
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
The Associate Director for Language Arts Marketing will support the ongoing growth of a suite of innovative Language Arts programs in the K-8 educational market. Working cross-functionally with product development, sales, and account management teams, this leader plays a key role in bringing successful programs to market and ensuring products have an impact in the classroom.
This leader will serve as the go-to-market leader, product expert, and chief storyteller for a suite of leading English Language Arts programs. Through their work, they will meaningfully connect our solutions to the diverse needs of K-8 educators, inspire internal and external stakeholders, and bring clarity and simplicity to sophisticated programs. Successful candidates will have experience, passion, and a professional commitment to advancing our nation’s literacy goals. Additionally, through either direct classroom experience or industry experience, they understand the language and nuances of the English Language Arts instruction market. The ideal candidate also understands the needs of teachers and has empathy for the challenges they face in their classrooms.
The impact you'll have:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the development and execution of go-to-market strategy for our Language Arts programs.
- Working cross-functionally to develop clear, compelling positioning for key Curriculum Associates product lines.
- Collecting voice-of-the-customer from sales and service teams and translating that voice into actionable plans to drive program growth.
- Serving as a thought partner to product development teams and helping to inform future products in the Language Arts space.
- Developing deep product expertise and serving as a go-to resource for field teams.
- Creating and maintaining key collateral and support materials for sales and service teams to help them effectively position products in the marketplace.
- Developing and delivering high-quality product training to field teams.
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a strong interest in working for a mission-centric organization. Ideal candidates will also exhibit qualifications including:
- Commitment to improving classrooms and helping educators advance the teaching of English Language Arts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong storytelling and presentation skills.
- Experience developing marketing plans and executing marketing campaigns.
- Deep understanding of marketing communication tools, including experience in both print and digital channels.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working cross-functionally and collaborating with a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build deep understanding of complex products or services; ideal candidates will also have a deep understanding of educator needs and be well versed in current best practices in teaching ELA.
- Proven ability to lead projects and cross functional teams; experience managing direct reports is preferred.
- Prior teaching or education industry experience, with specific knowledge of English Language Arts is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
Location: This position is located in Billerica, Massachusetts; especially well-qualified remote candidates will be considered.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.