Business Intelligence Developer and Administrator
Curriculum Associates is seeking a highly-qualified Business Intelligence (BI) Developer/Administrator to serve as a core member in the Business Systems team within the Information Technology department. The Developer will serve as the technical owner of our BI platform and lead the related development, operations, and support functions. This role will work closely with IT management and business stakeholders to develop both business and technical solutions to meet our reporting and analytical requirements. Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our growth and changing industry; therefore, candidates with experience guiding organizations through this process are highly desired.
Why join this team:
You’ll have both hands-on and strategic involvement in scaling our BI applications and services to meet the demands of a fast growing, collaborative, and dynamic organization.
The impact you’ll have:
- Lead the full lifecycle in the identification, development, and deployment of business intelligence and analytical solutions
- Work closely with business stakeholders to define the data requirements and data structures to answer key business questions
- Collaborate with application administrators and subject matter experts to understand the required data models and business logic inherent in the data
- Import and transform data from various external and internal data sources for analysis and visualization
- Actively manage and maintain the BI application, including system configuration, application security, and analyze/resolve errors and inconsistencies in the data
- Develop complex interactive and dynamic dashboards that utilize storytelling and other best practices
- Develop productive relationships with business power users and train/mentor these resources on our data structures and analytical tools
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of business intelligence and analytics experience developing complex dashboards, reports, and visualizations in BI Tools such as Domo, Tableau, or similar applications
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases, data warehousing, data lakes, and data modeling with SQL Server, MySQL, Redshift, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience writing complex queries and query optimization
- Extensive experience with ETL methodologies, strategies, and tools
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with extensive knowledge of macros and formulas
- Solid understanding of core data management principles, including Data Stewardship, Data Quality, Metadata Management, Master Data Management and Data Lineage
- Conveys complex and technical business issues to diverse audiences, and projects a highly credible, professional image in presentations, demonstrations and communications
An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, information management, engineering, finance, business management or a related field or equivalent experience.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis languages such as R and Python
- Experience with open source libraries for data visualization such as D3.js
- Knowledge of predictive analytics and forecasting
- Experience with other open source BI and data science tools
More about this role:
Location: The role reports to our Concord Road, Billerica office. We offer round-trip shuttle service from Back Bay, Kenmore, Union Square, and Alewife MBTA stations.
Starting date: ASAP
Perks: Remote flexibility is an option 1 day per week as on-site needs permit.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.