At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates (CA) is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. Our award-winning, research-based print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students succeed.
The Billing Specialist’s primary function includes invoicing and customer billing resolution. This position participates in multi-faceted dispute resolution situations which require specialized problem-solving skills and knowledge of the company process and procedures to effectively manage and resolve the customer’s invoicing request. This position will report directly to the Revenue Manager. This is a hands-on role with specific responsibilities to process invoices monthly. This position will ensure assigned workload is on track and will provide feedback to the Revenue Manager as require. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Impact you'll have:
- Generate invoices to customers from various invoicing queues within the financial system
- Consolidate invoices for PO’s in the invoice attached queue
- Complete claims forms required by various states to accompany invoices
- Perform credit checks for new customers and update customer’s payment terms
- Manage customer balances on extended payment plans to invoice as appropriate
- Manage invoicing mailbox requests in a timely manner
- Provide proof of delivery (POD) to selected customers upon request
- Coordinate with internal groups (sales ops, PD/Educational specialists, customer service, collections, finance) to resolve customer issues.
- Serve as the lead in testing the ERP implementation to Workday ERP system
- Assist in special projects as needed
Who we're looking for:
- Strong verbal, writing and interpersonal skills are required
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi task in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Previous experience with billing ERP systems
- Experience with Great Plains / Workday is a plus
- 2-3 experience in billing is required
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.