Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (N Billerica, MA)
Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (N Billerica, MA)
Job Site: 153 Rangeway Road, North Billerica, MA 01862
[Department Summary: The QA Department assures and improves software quality via introduction of defect and requirements management tools, requirements gathering and testing best practices, root cause analysis, automation and via creation of standardized tools, processes and methodologies.]
Job Duties: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will report to a QA Manager. Must understand both the business and technical challenges of continuously delivering a high quality SaaS while adding users and increasing product use. Duties Include:
1. Analyze business requirements, create and execute test plans and test cases, using defined methodologies for manual and automated tests.
2. Conduct testing across all layers of the enterprise system including front end, API, backend, database using different technologies.
3. Isolate, reproduce and track bugs and verify fixes.
4. Apply principles of computer system engineering to test the enterprise system and ensure the quality of it.
5. Work closely with engineers, business owners, and customer service professionals throughout the development and testing lifecycle, including the requirements gathering and design.
6. Design and perform extensive Relational Database testing.
7. Coordinate with other testers on your team and across teams to execute tests and report results aligned with test strategies and team goals.
8. Identify and evaluate risks to quality, project, product, and team.
9. Collaborate with scrum team and stakeholders to plan appropriate investigations and mitigations.
10. Help with knowledge sharing with new and junior team members and peers in industry best practices, strategies, and concepts.
11. Conduct testing across all layers of the enterprise system including front end, API, backend, database using different technologies.
12. Design and perform Web Service Testing including SOAP and REST.
14. Perform Automation Tool Analysis and come up with the pros and cons of the tool analyzed and design automation framework required for Web Service testing.
15. Perform testing of web services deployed on Unix servers on different environments.
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or a related technical field plus 5 years’ work experience in software quality assurance. Experience may be gained concurrently must include the following:
1) 5 years’ experience in testing and supporting enterprise wide multi-tiered solutions with distributed computing and multi-thread programming.
2) 5 years’ experience in Agile process and Iterative development methodology using JIRA.
3) 5 years’ experience in Relational Database (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2) testing.
4) 5 years’ experience coordinating multiple testers to participate and execute test strategies working on a project, including strategy, scheduling, estimation and reporting of coordinated test activities.
5) 5 years’ experience in Web Service Testing (SOAP and REST) on Tomcat using tools like Postman, ARC and Fiddler.
6) 4 years’ practical experience in developing automated tests including Cucumber, FitNesse, Junit, Quick Test Professional and knowledge of source/version control tools like Git, Stash and SourceTree.
8) 3 years’ experience testing applications deployed to UNIX or Linux based environments, accessing environments through SSH.
9) 1 year experience in Automation Tool Analysis and Designing Automation framework for Web Service testing.
10) 6 months of experience in AWS.
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
To apply please refer to Reference: CA43232-037
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.