Director of Procurement
Curriculum Associates is looking for an experienced, proactive Director of Procurement to join our team. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and understand Curriculum Associates’ business objectives and goals, and to establish a procurement function in support of those objectives.
In this role, you will oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased goods and services are cost-efficient, of high quality, and meet the criteria and goals of each function. You will establish and enforce procurement processes and policies and ensure that Curriculum Associates achieves the best value from its relationships with critical business partners.
This opportunity is right for you if you are...
- A self-starter with experience implementing a new function within an established organization
- Passionate about developing and implementing process at scale
- Experienced with analyzing spend data and communicating results and recommendations
- Someone with a strong track record of developing positive relationships with colleagues and external partners
The impact you’ll have:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish, implement, and enforce large-scale procurement processes and policies
- Manage the procurement function across all facets:
- Strategy setting
- Service delivery
- Continuous improvement
- Manage the effective delivery of the full procurement cycle, covering:
- Category planning
- Supplier and contract management
- Build and foster strong relationships across the organization and with its external partners
- Understand the business objectives of each department as well as for the entire organization
- Performance measurement and management:
- Set and track key performance indicators for the procurement function
- Put in place improvement plans where improvement opportunities are identified
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and communicate a strategy
- Experience successfully leading teams to deliver complex projects
- Experience implementing new processes and ways of working within a large or complex organization
- Experience developing and managing a team
- A team player who can collaborate with business units and cross-functional partners
- Deep understanding of procurement processes, tools, and best practices
- Understanding of finance processes and concepts and how these can be addressed/supported via procurement
- Experience negotiating agreements/contracts with vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject (chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering or a related area)
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Extensive experience working within the procurement or supply chain field with board-level exposure
- Understanding of procurement in education and/or business software sectors preferred, including knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Successful experience in leading major change initiatives
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain/Purchasing Management or in Business Administration (MBA)
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.