Senior Scrum Master/Agile Lead
Senior Scrum Master/Agile Lead
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. We're posting this role externally as Scrum Master, but internally we do not use the term "master." The person hired for this role will hold the title of Agile Lead. We want to be continually aware and mindful towards our stance as an anti-racist company and making sure our language and practices are aligned.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Scrum Master/Agile Lead to lead 2+ scrum teams. These teams have been running as scrum teams with a dedicated Agile Lead. They will benefit from the fresh perspective of an experienced and dedicated Agile Lead. They are building large-scale java platforms to support multi-tenant web applications. The role requires a proven track record of professional excellence and a passion to be the driving force behind developing great software with a laudable purpose.
The impact you’ll have:
- Facilitate and moderate sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint demo and sprint retrospective and backlog refinement meetings
- Remove obstacles to team and sprint success
- Encourage self-organization by facilitating the appropriate delegation of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members
- Coordinate across co-dependent scrum teams in multi-scrum team environment
- Utilize and improve usage of JIRA, and Confluence, as a tool to monitor and manage sprint success
Who we’re looking for:
- You possess a deep understanding and the ability to apply both the theoretical and practical aspects of agile development
- You’ve got proven experience with Agile software development methodologies
- You have experience working closely with Stakeholders to improve project predictably and delivery success
- You’re able to help product teams generate product backlog and make them ready for the next sprint
- You possess Experience effectively identifying and driving resolution on deliverable dependencies with other teams
- You’ve got at least 1 year of experience using JIRA to track and manage Agile development, or experience using tools similar to the Atlassian suite of products
- You have experience with a variety of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, etc.)
- You’re someone who has the ability to:
- Assess the Agile maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Influence and lead development, quality, and product professionals
- Partner closely with product to set the vision and execute the sprint plan
- Foster and maintain a collaborative team dynamic
- Solve problems and think critically
- Plan and organize (and re-organize) in an environment of shifting priorities
- Communicate clearly, both by speaking directly and writing concisely
- Negotiate and manage conflict
- Learn quickly and adapt to the environment
- Proactively identify blockers and help the team look ahead for potential risks and recommend mitigations
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, leading by example
- You are a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Scrum Master in more than one organization, for multiple teams simultaneously
- You have a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a computer science, information technology, or an equally technical discipline; or equivalent work experience
We’d also love to see:
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Atlassian (Jira/Confluence) Administration experience
- Experience in education technology
Location: This position is remote with East Coast business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time). Currently, Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, this role will have the option of remaining remote or being based in one of our offices (North Billerica, MA; Brooklyn, NY; Greensboro, NC).
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.