Professional Development Specialist (ELA) - Charlotte, NC
Professional Development Specialist (ELA) - Charlotte, NC
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates seeks a Professional Development Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will need a background in teaching/coaching ELA, as well as experience leading professional development to school and district leaders. The ideal candidate also possesses flexibility and synergy with different team members including our sales team, teachers, students, and school districts as part of day-to-day interactions. The Professional Development Specialist will be responsible for providing targeted professional development, ongoing in-classroom support, data analysis, daily project management, and communication with district and site leaders. Dynamic, engaging leaders who are interested in making a lasting and direct impact with the way schools teach ELA to students from grades K-8 are encouraged to apply.
Why join this team:
- Work with multiple stakeholders across large audiences.
- Attend educational conferences related to your role.
- Experience new environments and challenges on a day-to-day basis.
- Collaborate in a supportive environment filled with feedback loops, a strong virtual community, and shared best practices.
- Help districts choose and implement a product with lasting impact on learning.
The impact you'll have:
- Support district-wide adoptions of the Ready program and the i-Ready online diagnostic and instruction program.
- Deliver professional development to teachers, coaches and leaders on how to effectively implement Ready and i-Ready to impact classroom learning.
- Provide on-site targeted support to teachers, coaches and leaders. This may range from providing lesson planning and pacing support, to helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction, to working with leaders to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges.
- Work with district leader and site leaders to develop and revise annual professional development plans and schedules.
- Serve as an ambassador for Curriculum Associates, exemplifying the company’s mission-driven approach and commitment to creating better classrooms for students and teachers.
Who we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2+ years of experience in teaching ELA, coaching teachers of ELA, and providing ELA professional development. Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching ELA at the secondary (6-12) level and/or with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in ELA or ELA education.
- Strong working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for ELA, Grades K-8 (or comparable state standards), including both the content standards and the practice standards. Understanding of the Math Standards for K-8 also preferred.
- Fluency with using digital tools including online assessments, and a high level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders.
- Understand principles of adult learning and how to apply them to professional development.
- Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure integrity of program implementations.
- Able to provide high-quality classroom coaching to ensure teachers have the skills necessary to delivery CA solutions effectively.
- Willingness to travel.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K, paid internet connection & cell phone, and employees keep all travel points for flights and hotels booked through CA.
Travel: Travel up to 50% is required and considered an essential function of the job for all educator-facing positions. Travel includes overnight stays at hotels and transportation via car, plane, and/or public transportation.
Location: This position is based in the Charlotte, NC area and will be supporting districts in surrounding areas. Candidates will need to be within an hour's driving distance of the Charlotte area. Additionally, a valid driver's license is required for this role.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.