Educational Consultant - Per Diem - Kansas
Educational Consultant (Math) – Per Diem – Kansas
At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Are you a retired educator or educator transitioning out of the classroom? This is an excellent opportunity to join a mission-driven company focused on creating equitable classrooms for students, and still be part of a school community! Curriculum Associates is seeking a temporary, part-time Professional Development Educational Consultant (Math) with a background in teaching mathematics, coaching teachers, delivering professional development and support, analyzing data, and working with school leaders. Working closely with Professional Development leadership, sales team, and other Curriculum Associates professionals, the Educational Consultant (Math) will be responsible for facilitating high-quality professional development, training, support, data analysis, and communicating consultatively with schoolteachers and leaders.
Benefits: Company-provided laptop. Ability to keep all travel points for flights and hotels booked for work-related travel. Mileage reimbursement may be available for applicable travel.
Hours: Per Diem consultants are scheduled on an as-needed basis, paid hourly. We provide compensation for PD delivery, internal training, travel time, and travel expenses. Schedule is highly dependent on customer demand – professional development is scheduled with partners during normal school hours. Our peak times of the year include August through October and then again January and February, although we deliver professional development throughout the school year.
Location: This position is based in Kansas. Candidates must either currently live in or be open to relocating to Kansas. Must have own transportation as this role requires considerable travel beyond the posted location. Additionally, a valid driver's license is required for this role.
Travel: Travel up to 60-70% is required and considered an essential function of the job for all educator-facing positions. Travel includes overnight stays at hotels and transportation via car, plane, and/or public transportation.
Compensation & Benefits: We offer a competitive salary, ranging from $35/hour-$65/hour, depending on the type of work you will be assigned to complete (e.g. “at-home” work versus “away from home” work, such as working directly with educators). Ability to keep all travel points for flights and hotels booked for work-related travel. Mileage reimbursement may be available for applicable travel. Company-provided laptop.
Start Date: ASAP
The impact you'll have:
- Become an expert on the company’s online diagnostic and instruction program and Common Core product, focusing on Mathematics
- Serve teachers in the classroom by coordinating on-site product training and professional development courses for teachers and school administrators. Adjust professional development workshops within specified parameters to fit the needs of the participants
- Help to ensure equity in the classroom by delivering professional development courses to teachers, coaches, and leaders on how to effectively implement Ready and i-Ready to impact classroom learning
- Meet teachers where they are and provide tailored on-site support to teachers, coaches, and leaders. This may range from providing lesson planning and pacing support, to helping educators analyze data and apply it to instruction, to working with leaders to identify evidence of implementation successes and challenges
- Engage in internal cycle of professional improvement and development (including being observed, receiving feedback, and being coached)
- Track and submit detailed training notes, as well as complete all assignments in a timely manner
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and prospects
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of experience in teaching Mathematics, coaching teachers of Mathematics, and providing Mathematics professional development. To best serve our educators and students, we would love to see experience teaching mathematics at the secondary (6–12) level and/or with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mathematics or Mathematics education
- Strong working knowledge of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics for Grades K–8 (or comparable state standards), including both the content standards and the practice standards. Understanding of the ELA Standards for K-8 also preferred
- Fluency with using digital tools including online assessments, and a high level of comfort discussing and applying data with teachers and leaders
- Understand principles of adult learning and how to apply them to professional development to ensure participants meet learning objectives
- Excellent facilitation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills: ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately. Proven organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent computer and internet skills including knowledge of Office programs (Outlook, Word, PPT, etc.); knowledge of online meeting programs (e.g. Zoom/WebEx) a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an educational cohort
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.