At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. We're posting this role externally as Scrum Master, but internally we do not use the term "master". The person hired for this role will hold the title of Agile Lead. We want to be continually aware and mindful towards our stance as an anti-racist company and making sure our language and practices are aligned.
We are seeking an experienced Scrum Master to facilitate Scrum (or Kanban) for our experienced agile teams. The role requires a proven track record of professional excellence and a passion to be the driving force behind developing great software with a laudable purpose.
Why join CA:
Curriculum Associates has been consistently named one of the top places to work in Boston. Our Digital Instruction teams are true representation of our company culture with professionalism, commitment, and fun embedded in our daily work. You will get to see the direct impact your work creates for kids.
Our PMO is a passionate group of Agile Leads and Project Managers supporting high-performing teams. We are committed to quality, continuously learning, and relentlessly improving. Our work directly impacts the company’s goals and mission. Want to make a difference? Join us!
The impact you’ll have:
- Facilitate and moderate sprint planning, daily scrum, sprint demo, sprint retrospective and backlog refinement meetings.
- Remove obstacles to team and sprint success.
- Encourage self-organization by facilitating the appropriate delegation of tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members.
- Coordinate across co-dependent scrum teams in multi-scrum team environment
- Utilize and improve usage of JIRA and Confluence, as a tool to monitor and manage sprint success.
Who we’re looking for:
- A Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMI Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP) with 3-5 years of experience as a Scrum Master/Agile Lead for multiple teams simultaneously
- A deep understanding and the ability to apply both the theoretical and practical aspects of agile development
- Proven experience with Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, etc.
- Experience working closely with stakeholders to improve project predictably and delivery success through fostering and maintaining a collaborative team dynamic
- Ability to help product teams generate and prioritize product backlog and make them ready for the next sprint
- Experience effectively identifying and driving resolution on deliverable dependencies with other teams
- At least 1 year of experience using JIRA to track and manage Agile development and Confluence for document management
- Someone who has the ability to:
- Influence and lead development, quality, and product professionals,
- Partner closely with product to set the priorities and execute the sprint plan,
- Solve problems and think critically,
- Plan and organize (and re-organize) in an environment of shifting priorities,
- Communicate clearly, both by speaking directly and writing concisely,
- Negotiate and manage conflict,
- Proactively identify blockers and help the team look ahead for potential risks and recommend mitigations,
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, leading by example
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience as a Jira Administrator
- Experience in education technology and/or Accessibility, WCAG 2.0
- A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a computer science, information technology, or an equally technical discipline
More about this role:
This is a long-term temporary position with the possibility of permanent employment based on the candidate's performance and the company's needs.
Location: This position is remote with East Coast business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time). Currently, Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, this role will have the option of remaining remote or being based in one of our offices (North Billerica, MA; Billerica, MA; Brooklyn, NY).
Salary and Benefits: This role is full-time, paid hourly through June 2022 with the possibility of salaried permanent employment. This role is eligible for medical coverage after a 3 month period.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.