Director of UX Design Research
This role can be based in our headquarters (North Billerica, MA) or in our Brooklyn, NY office.
Apply your human-centered design research skills to help teams build empathy and explore solutions as they create compelling and useful experiences for students and educators. Your expertise in understanding users will help further our mission to make classrooms a better place. The Director of UX Design Research will be a key member of the i-Ready Product Design team and will partner across work streams to explore and understand user challenges. This role reports to the VP of Creative.
The impact you’ll have:
- Apply your vision to shape a rigorous design research practice
- Lead and direct a small, highly capable embedded team tasked with supporting product design teams throughout the design life cycle from discovery to production to post-launch learnings
- Become a clearinghouse for product team research needs and steer them to good decision making around framing their research questions and selecting an effective methodology
- Dictate guidelines for a robust usability testing program with adults and children
- Model best practices for collecting and analyzing information through a variety of methods, from surveys to interviews to observation
- Shore up and extend our existing research ops practice, from participant recruiting to maintaining our knowledge base
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in user research with a deep focus on usability
- You have experience conducting research on content focused products
- You believe in a “test and learn” approach to product design and thrive working on highly collaborative and cross-functional teams
- You have a broad knowledge of the landscape of qualitative and quantitative research methods and experience in knowing which to deploy when
- You have past experience setting up or growing an in-house research practice
- You’re comfortably managing a small team and willing to be a coach and mentor to more junior researchers
- You demonstrate strong attention to operational considerations, including tracking vendor budgets
- You are a natural storyteller and communicate concisely and clearly in written communication and findings documentation
- You’re comfortable presenting and delivering convincing insights to senior stakeholders
- You believe in building relationships and helping to cross-train team members from other disciplines to self-service where appropriate
- You are comfortable with the position being located in our North Billerica, MA or Brooklyn, NY offices with occasional local or national travel to sites for research purposes (less than 25%)
- You have an undergraduate degree in HCI, journalism, psychology, anthropology or related fields; master’s degree a plus prior K-12 education experience a plus
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.