Internal Communications Manager
Internal Communications Manager
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking an Internal Communications Manager who will serve as “information air traffic control” for the organization, responsible for ensuring all employees are kept informed, engaged, and driven to work toward our shared mission. They will be charged with streamlining and delivering clear and effective communications within the organization, keeping employees engaged with the activities of different departments across the company.
This person will support communications that reflect both our commitment to transparency and obsession with service, ensuring all team members have the info they need while strengthening corporate culture across geographies and for office and remote-based employees.The impact you'll have:
- Develop and execute communications and, when needed, plans for internal news, crisis/issue response, new/shifting policies, annual goals and progress updates, internal events/celebrations, etc.
- Organize and produce quarterly Company Meetings
- Support multimedia updates from CA’s leaders (written, video, etc.)
- Create communications that consider and include all members of the CA community, near-term focus on supporting comms to recently acquired companies.
- Full audit of internal communications for all teams, surveying members about effectiveness of what they receive, needs and suggestions.
- Streamlining of communications by team, providing centralized formats
- Employ tools to track and analyze metrics, gauging reach and effectiveness of communications.
- Regular review and reporting on communication efficacy.
- 5-10 years of experience writing in a corporate environment and for a variety of different audiences.
- Past roles on a communications or HR team for an organization, ideally with 2,000+ employees working across geographies.
- Experience developing and managing complex projects with stakeholders and teams across an organization.
- Experience advising and working with senior executives to develop and execute strategy.
- Experience managing design projects and creating multimedia communications, including web pages, newsletter templates, and video.
- Excellent writing and editing skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees and distill key messages from teams across the organization.
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Speaking skills: Confidence to serve as the voice of the company and present to staff across the organization.
- Service orientation: This individual will need to deeply understand CA’s goals and values and have the ability to ensure they underpin all comms.
- Organized and adaptable, able to work at a fast pace and manage shifting directions while meeting deadlines.
- Experience managing a variety of corporate communications channels, including corporate intranets, mobile, and internal social channels.
- Strong executive communications experience, with the ability to write and tailor content for specific audiences that demonstrates a deep understanding of messaging, positioning and stakeholder needs.
- Embrace of new technology, exploring and learning new programs easily to enhance company-wide communication.
- Creative and enthusiastic, eager to explore new ideas and approaches with an eye toward finding solutions that best serve the organization’s goals.
- Comfortable using data to inform practice.
- Direct experience and comfort with video production
- Degree or direct experience in journalism, public relations or marketing
- Experience using communications management software
Location: This role will be based out of our North Billerica, MA office. CA has implemented a flexible work approach, which enables employees on office-based teams to work in-office 2 days/week and remotely 3 days/week. Strong remote candidates will be considered.
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Please include a cover letter and one professional writing samples with your resume.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.