At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Founded in 1969, Curriculum Associates (CA) is a leading educational technology and publishing company with a mission to make classrooms better places for students and teachers. Our award-winning, research-based print and digital instruction and assessment products provide educators with the tools necessary to personalize learning for every student and help all students succeed.
Impact you'll have:
- Monitoring of project accounting system – monitoring new projects, tasks for existing projects, and employees for existing projects
- Optimize project cost and labor tracking system
- Enhance reporting for project accounting and fixed assets
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts including fixed assets, prepaids, intangibles and accrued expenses
- Prepare various month-end journal entries
- Assist in Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and budget variance analyses
- Prepare various month-end reports, which may include extracting data from General Ledger
- Assist with preparation of annual audit schedules. Interact with outside auditors to support the year-end audit process
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Assist with implementation of ERP module
Who we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Three or more years of accounting or finance experience
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Mix of private company/public company experience preferred (but not required)
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage workload and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent excel skills
- Ability to navigate through high volumes of data
- Exceptional verbal and written communications.
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
During COVID 19 Pandemic, this role will be remote until our offices open. Then this role will be based in Billerica, MA.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.