At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
A thriving, mission-driven educational technology and service organization, Curriculum Associates produces and delivers award-winning curriculum, assessments, and professional services to thousands of K-8 School Districts and millions of teachers and students across the nation. We are seeking an Accessibility Product Manager to drive our long-term strategy to support all students, including those with disabilities.
In this role, the Accessibility Manager will work closely with the Associate Director of Accessibility to collaborate across our product development teams, support and guide editorial and creative partners, and adapt, and evolve our tools and processes to create accessible applications that are accessible to all users. Ideal candidates will possess experience creating long-term strategies for accessibility, experience in school districts and/or working directly with students with disabilities, and a deep understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Universal Design for Learning (UDL) requirements and how they are used in districts to guide buying and implementation decisions.
The impact you'll have:
- Support implementation and roadmap planning for approach to accessibility at Curriculum Associates
- Partner with Associate Director of Accessibility and cross-functional leads on the product development teams to prioritize accessibility work
- Support practitioners (engineers, designers, editors) and enable them to execute against accessibility best practices
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Accessibility and Design and Engineering leadership, support the implementation of technical and design standards for accessibility across all our platforms and services
- Conduct evaluations and reviews of our product to ensure compliance and uncover opportunities.
- Aid in process of keeping compliance and accessibility documentation, including WCAG Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates up-to-date.
- Support responses to field inquiries about accessibility features and accommodations.
- Conduct evaluations for compatibility with 3rd party plug-ins and assistive technology and/or support relationships with vendors who can support this evaluation. Create and maintain documentation to support these evaluations.
- Remain current on technology and experience patterns in order to constantly be capable of communicating changes and updates to our approach to accessibility.
- Support research efforts relating to accessibility, including competitive research and user experience research with our student and educator partners.
- Support communication, internally and externally, on behalf of Curriculum Associates on the topic of accessibility as a thought leader in the space.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with digital and print accessibility tech and design solutions, and policy
- Experience working with students with disabilities, including familiarity with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and 504 plans
- Demonstrable understanding of UDL guidelines and applications
- Demonstratable understanding of WCAG 2.x guidelines and ARIA techniques
- Experience using and testing assistive technologies (including VoiceOver, Browser extensions, JAWS and NVDA)
- High comfort level with both web and mobile technologies
- Ability to context-shift easily and support multi-disciplinary development teams in their accessibility work
- Communication skills to enable cross functional work
- You shine most at motivating others to carry forward, while still being able to dig in and support detailed work and reviews as needed
Location: We encourage folks from across the U.S. to apply to this role!
Compensation and Benefits: Equitable pay and great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.