Software Engineering Co-Op - Learning Games
We are seeking motivated undergraduate students majoring in an engineering discipline that have coursework in software development to participate in a 6-month co-op opportunity in San Francisco. As a Software Engineer Co-Op, you will work on the i-Ready Learning Games engineering team and will learn how to contribute to application design, architecture, and development within an Agile software development life cycle. Experience with Unity is desired, but experience with other game technologies may suffice.
The impact you’ll have:
- Design and develop new product features for our growing suite of games (currently 8)
- Develop modular code for our shared library with supervision from the engineering team
- Work effectively as part of an Agile team
- Develop automated unit tests and end-to-end tests for your code, as well as review the code of others to ensure quality
- Bring new and innovative solutions to the table to resolve challenging software issues as they may develop throughout the product life cycle
- Undergraduate students with completion of two years in engineering discipline: Computer Science, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering
- 3.2 GPA or higher
- Ability to quickly prototype then refactor to build solid, modular code ideally backed by tests
- Demonstrable initiative and leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to solve complex problems in efficient and creative ways
- Experience working on a collaborative team
- Desire to make an impact on kids’ lives
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week for the 6-month duration of the co-op
- Experience with MongoDB, Bootstrap, mobile gaming, education
- Participation with the larger professional Apple/AngularJS/StackOverflow community
- Experience working with modern distributed source control systems Github and/or Bit Bucket
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.