Why join this team:
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. Headquartered outside Boston, we are an innovative, collaborative, and mission-driven company that has been consistently recognized as a Boston Globe Top Workplace and a Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work.
The Proposal Specialist (Production Team Lead) will provide operations support for the Bids & Proposals team. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational, project management, and communication skills to successfully prepare materials related to various stages of development and production—from creating covers for binders to coordinating with colleagues on proposal deliverables to submitting (in hard copy or digitally) finished proposals and following up with school districts and departments of education on post-award debriefs. The successful candidate will have an understanding of administrative and clerical procedures, managing files and records, and expertise with the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Pro, and business applications such as Sharepoint.
The impact you'll have:
This position will offer a highly motivated and flexible self-starter the opportunity to build knowledge of educational materials and project management skills, while assisting the Bids & Proposals team in preparing and submitting a high volume of proposals.
Tasks will consist of simultaneous recurring and stand-alone activities that must be completed quickly and accurately with strict attention to detail. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Owning the entire proposal production process. This can include desktop publishing, formatting, editing, and either printing/copying/producing binders/shipping or working with a print shop to get proposal packaged and shipped.
- Completing routine business forms (e.g., W9s, registrations to do business).
- Sourcing and providing colleagues with integral proposal components (e.g., resumes, references, usage statistics, etc.), as requested. This often involves knowing the right person to go to, so establishing and maintaining strong working relationships is essential.
- Tracking submitted proposals to ensure they are delivered by deadline.
- Requesting debrief materials for all submitted bids and following up as needed until those materials are received. This involved an understanding of how to interface effectively and professionally with external agencies.
- Owning the catalog proposal submission process, including completion of all required forms, identifying client references, and working with SalesOps and Contracts team colleagues on specific components (e.g., terms review, price lists, sample contracts).
- Maintaining a spreadsheet of vetted client references for use in proposals, which includes routine check-ins with each regional sales manager to update contact information.
- Supporting team members with special projects, as requested.
Who we're looking for:
- 3+ years of related professional experience
- The ability to thrive and maintain a sense of humor in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple tasks/projects concurrently
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- A perfectionist who enjoys working through detailed requirements for a proposal
- A team player who works productively and cooperatively with a wide range of people and personalities
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively across teams with competing needs, including the demonstrated ability to use varying styles, approaches, skills, and techniques to communicate with various constituents with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Adobe Pro, SharePoint, and other standard business applications; Qvidian experience preferred
More about this role:
Location: N. Billerica MA (remote while HQ closed)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person.
Curriculum Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.